Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2009 Murano TPMS have batteries in them?

My TPMS light flashes when it comes on now, then will go solid when I start driving. I have checked the tire pressure and everything is at 32PSI but the light never goes out. I did a google search and some sites suggest the batteries may need to be replaced in the TPMS but I cannot find anything specific to the MO's.

Thanks,

·
Registered
497 Posts
Does the 2009 Murano TPMS have batteries in them?

My TPMS light flashes when it comes on now, then will go solid when I start driving. I have checked the tire pressure and everything is at 32PSI but the light never goes out. I did a google search and some sites suggest the batteries may need to be replaced in the TPMS but I cannot find anything specific to the MO's.

Thanks,
Did you scan for codes? There are TPMS-related codes that should trigger if the PCM isn't getting a signal from one or more of the sensors.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you scan for codes? There are TPMS-related codes that should trigger if the PCM isn't getting a signal from one or more of the sensors.
The scanner I own doesn't see the TPMS codes or support scanning the function. Been trying to find a good enough scanner for my MO that doesn't cost me an arm and leg.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Yes, the batteries are in the sensors itself. Very few tpms sensors has replaceable batteries. Only recourse is to replace the entire sensor. It sucks but that's how its set up. Just check all your tire pressure regularly should be good. I personally put 5 psi over 33. So 38 psi.

My 04 has one bad battery/sensor for years now. It will disappear on the screen after driving for a while. TPMS will lite up. It used to bug me when it started, not anymore. I will change it next tire change. Which is not for another year or 2.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I replace all the sensors or just the one that has a low battery? What's the chances the other 3 will go to a low battery state this year?

Thanks,

·
Registered
851 Posts
Should I replace all the sensors or just the one that has a low battery? What's the chances the other 3 will go to a low battery state this year?

Thanks,
Typical battery life for a TPMS is 10 years. Seeing that you're going into 12 years, I would bite the bullet and replace all 4 when new tires are mounted.

I believe that if you check around, you'll find you can get 4 cheaper in a set then getting them one at a time.

Have a good day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts