Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Nissan Murano 2009, regularly serviced and well maintained. A couple of months ago, the addresses newly entered in the address book started to be erased as soon as i would turn the engine off. I have to restart from scratch entering the Home and destination addresses. I was told it was probably a battery issue. Since, I changed my car battery a month ago. Now the problem is worse as the phone selection would also be erased. I have to re-pair my iphone each time I take my car.

·
Registered
664 Posts
You should have the battery load tested to be sure it's not defective. Also have the alternator output checked to be sure it's properly charging the battery.

I have seen behavior in my '03 like you mentioned when my battery was near the end of its life. The battery charge was just marginal enough to drop overnight and lose my settings, even though it still had enough power to start and run in the morning. The tip was it turning over slower than normal -- it you car cranking healthily in the morning?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have the battery load tested to be sure it's not defective. Also have the alternator output checked to be sure it's properly charging the battery.

I have seen behavior in my '03 like you mentioned when my battery was near the end of its life. The battery charge was just marginal enough to drop overnight and lose my settings, even though it still had enough power to start and run in the morning. The tip was it turning over slower than normal -- it you car cranking healthily in the morning?
The car starts easily in the morning. As I have a brand new battery, I will ask the mechanics to check the battery load and the alternator output. Thank you!

·
Registered
664 Posts
If if cranks normally in the morning, your battery and alternator are probably fine. It's probably still a good idea to have them checked so that they can be ruled them out.

The only reason I can think of that would cause you to lose your head unit settings is the head unit loosing power at some point overnight...

Check to be sure your battery posts are free of corrosion and snug. I'd take them off and thoroughly clean the battery terminal and cable connections unless you're confident it was done during battery replacement. Also check body ground connections for corrosion and make sure they're firmly snugged down.

It may also be worth resetting the unit to its defaults, maybe something got scrambled...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If if cranks normally in the morning, your battery and alternator are probably fine. It's probably still a good idea to have them checked so that they can be ruled them out.

The only reason I can think of that would cause you to lose your head unit settings is the head unit loosing power at some point overnight...

Check to be sure your battery posts are free of corrosion and snug. I'd take them off and thoroughly clean the battery terminal and cable connections unless you're confident it was done during battery replacement. Also check body ground connections for corrosion and make sure they're firmly snugged down.

It may also be worth resetting the unit to its defaults, maybe something got scrambled...
Thank you, I will try all this and keep you posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts