Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I was just looking at the '09 Murano. I noticed that when you upgrade to the Bose premium sound system, you lose the regular 3.5mm AUX input on the dashboard, and they give you an iPod connection inside the center console arm rest. This is great if you have an iPod, I suppose, but what if you don't??

Does anyone know if you can still hook up something other than an iPod to the upgraded sound system, with a regular 3.5mm input?? I hope so, because I'd really like to be able to run my Garmin 650 through the stereo, and use the MP3 player that is integrated with that device.

If I can't do that anymore, is there an adapter for the iPod connection that would allow me to do it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
86 Posts
With BOSE, you now have an RCA connector instead of the 3.5 mm plug. 3.5 mm and RCA are analog! You can still connect any ANALOG audio device via the RCA connectors (L&R).

The iPod (digital) connector is ONLY available on the LE. You can still use your iPod's analog output (the headphones jack) on the SL though. It's not as much fun, however; but it will work...
You can get the 3.5 mm-to-RCA cable anywhere...

_fitc_

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was some good info! Thanks!

I've heard that the RCA jacks are kind of in the rear of the center console. Do you know if placement is different if you don't have the iPod connection? I'm getting the SL, so I won't have the iPod connection, according to what you have said. It would be nice if the RCA jacks were placed where the iPod connection is in the LE.

I hope to be getting mine on Tuesday. I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance. Although I think my digital camera is busted. :(

Thanks for the info. If anyone else can add to this thread, please do!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The RCA jacks are on the back of the center console. I have yet to try it with an iPod. The position is less than optimal as there will be cables running all over the place (power and audio).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna see if I can run them under the seats, floormats, etc. Try to hide them the best that I can. We'll see how that works. Thanks for the info.

If you find a good way to run the cables, let me know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll have to connect it to a power source (a cigarette lighter being the simplest access point in a car) to get it to charge. I don't think there is anyway to power anything though an RCA input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Leftarm said:
I'm pretty sure you'll have to connect it to a power source (a cigarette lighter being the simplest access point in a car) to get it to charge. I don't think there is anyway to power anything though an RCA input.
Ok, I understand now....thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a follow up question: I've been looking all over for where the actual part is to replace the rca plug in. Does anybody know where I can get that? The male plug is still located in the back of the center console, but the actual cords/device/plug-ins are gone. Not entirely sure where they are....any suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts