Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bad leak from the top of this thick elbow hose. I was looking online to buy it does anybody know the specific name I thought bottom or top radiator hose but they both looked too long mine looks short. Also how hard it is to do yourself? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Its very easy to find that part in any online Nissan parts dealer diagram. Part number 21517-jp00A. Look here...Radiator,Shroud & Inverter Cooling - 2009 Nissan Murano SUV

You can go 2 ways on replacement.
a. Drain the coolant below. Remove the hoses connected to the part and reinstall. Put in new coolant and remove air bubbles from system.
b. Try catching the coolant that will spill from the hoses when you remove that plastic connector thingy. It will be messy. But you will lose less coolant.
Your choice. Have fun.

I suppose its easier (cheaper too) than replacing the entire radiator. Like the older design where the neck is connected to the rad. But Nissan wants 60 bucks for it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
There must be something going around as this is the 2nd person in a week that found that elbow hose leaking. Just make sure that the leak isn't because the plastic radiator cap assembly is cracked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts