Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a few months ago. When driving, and I am going to speed up and push on the pedal, the tires, through the steering wheel, feel like they are turning slightly to the right, while the steering wheel seems to want to turn left. Then when I let up on the gas, the opposite happens, the tires feel like they are momentarily turning left, and the steering wheel to the right. Depending on the speed, it can be a small jerk, or more erratic. I have actually changed lanes, to the left giving it gas, to the right letting up on the gas by letting it do it’s thing. I’ve driven it for miles in cruise where nothing seems wrong, it steers great like it is in alignment except 2 seconds in speeding up, or 2 seconds letting off the gas. My mechanic says it may be toeing, but have read other peoples responses saying it’s the steering?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Sounds potentially dangerous...

I would have a good wheel alignment shop check it ASAP. It may something like a very worn tie rod, lower control arm, or steering component, and should be addressed promptly...

·
Super Moderator
1,478 Posts
Started a few months ago. When driving, and I am going to speed up and push on the pedal, the tires, through the steering wheel, feel like they are turning slightly to the right, while the steering wheel seems to want to turn left. Then when I let up on the gas, the opposite happens, the tires feel like they are momentarily turning left, and the steering wheel to the right. Depending on the speed, it can be a small jerk, or more erratic. I have actually changed lanes, to the left giving it gas, to the right letting up on the gas by letting it do it’s thing. I’ve driven it for miles in cruise where nothing seems wrong, it steers great like it is in alignment except 2 seconds in speeding up, or 2 seconds letting off the gas. My mechanic says it may be toeing, but have read other peoples responses saying it’s the steering?
You haven's stated how many miles, but going on that it's a 2009:

Usually the result of the lower A-frame inner support bushings being worn out. Very hard to detect. You have to know what you're looking for in order to really see if there's a wear issue. Most under diagnosed issue. Also, worn sway bar bushings will aggravate these symptoms.

Have the complete lower A-frames replaced along with the sway bar bushings. The A-frames also include the ball joints, another possible wear point. Finish with a 4 wheel alignment.

If you buy the parts yourself online, about $200, the labor should be less the 2 hours, about $200 also. 4 wheel alignment is usually less the $100.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Driver1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts