Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a '09 Murano for my daughter, it is the first smart key purchase. The slot for the FOB is loose, not holding the key in secure. The spring mechanism is broken. We tried to have additional key FOBs programmed, as we only received one. Because of the loose port, it will not recognize its holding a FOB to release the code, to program new FOBs. Has anyone ever replaced the FOB controller card slot? After researching the cost of a new slot, from Nissan it's ~$500 for the slot itself. I do however, see them on Ebay less expensive. Any advice on doing the replacement myself?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I purchased a '09 Murano for my daughter, it is the first smart key purchase. The slot for the FOB is loose, not holding the key in secure. The spring mechanism is broken. We tried to have additional key FOBs programmed, as we only received one. Because of the loose port, it will not recognize its holding a FOB to release the code, to program new FOBs. Has anyone ever replaced the FOB controller card slot? After researching the cost of a new slot, from Nissan it's ~$500 for the slot itself. I do however, see them on Ebay less expensive. Any advice on doing the replacement myself?
I don't recall ever seeing this specific problem (i.e. broken key slot), but you can find instructions for replacing the key slot in the "Door and Lock" file of the factory service manual in the link below. It looks pretty straight-forward. Is the Nissan part number you found 285F5-1AA0A? It is a rather pricey component. Let us know how it goes and feel free to report any issues or tips you come across while doing the replacement.

https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall ever seeing this specific problem (i.e. broken key slot), but you can find instructions for replacing the key slot in the "Door and Lock" file of the factory service manual in the link below. It looks pretty straight-forward. Is the Nissan part number you found 285F5-1AA0A? It is a rather pricey component. Let us know how it goes and feel free to report any issues or tips you come across while doing the replacement.

https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals
I need coffee, yes that is the exact part number. I could not find instructions anywhere on the web, showing how to replace the part. I will look in the area of the owner's manual suggested. Thank you for helping!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE - I actually checked inventory and called local junk yards for Muranos between the years 2009-2014. My husband and I went to the yards that confirmed them on the lot. We took our tools with us, pulled the key card slot out of the junked Murano. We replaced ours with the one from the junk yard...problem solved! The dealership told me that it would be ~$700, to order the part, not including the labor to replace it. We received it from one junk yard for free, just paid the entrance fee. The other junk yard charged us $5 and the entrance fee of $2! Winning!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Once again, auto recyclers can be your friends!! (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts