Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Gamea here.
I just inherited a 2009 Nissan Murano SL From my great grandmother after she passed away. This is my first vehicle ever, and while its an amazing car, I think it could use a little more of an aggressive look to it. what's a good leveling kit for this car? I'm not looking for air ride, just maybe some 1-2 inch spacers or something like that so I can seat some more off-road/ AT tires onto the car, I am new to this sort of thing as far as shopping for parts, but I can handle the install.

·
Super Moderator
8,818 Posts
First, please understand this is not a truck or an off-road vehicle. It's basically a Nissan Altima with a crossover body on it. The AWD system is not made for off-road use and will probably be damaged if you drive it under rough or stressful conditions. It's a car made for pavement and gravel road driving.

That said, if you're only thinking of cosmetics, none of that matters much.

I suspect you won't find much much in terms of off-road appearing parts for this vehicle because that's not what it was designed for. You can find light bars and lights, but not a lot more. If you have been looking for suspension options, you may find a few. If you raise the front end you will change the geometry of the front axles and may increase their wear. You can definitely change wheels and tires, but you won't find a way to fit tires like you can on a Jeep Wrangler or pickup.

Take a look here and you'll see what I mean: http://www.euro4x4parts.com/nissan_parts/murano/3_5i_v6_z51_petrol_2008/8_4x4_accessories_off_road

You may find some members who have more helpful ideas on changes you can make, so I yield the floor to them.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You! i may not worry about suspension too much, and yes, my only intention was for cosmetics. I have no desire whatsoever to go offroading in the vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts