Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2007 Murano with 112,000 miles on it and my rear subframe cracked and the left rear tire collapsed in on the car the other day. It was corrosion. I was the only owner and the car was in great shape. It looks like the repair costs will exceed the value of the car.

You'd think the frame of the car would last and not collapse. Thank god I wasn't going down a highway. I'm definitely going to try and get some relief from Nissan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As the original owner of a 2009 Murano in Ohio that just discovered a rusted-through rear control arm, I'm curious to learn of any updates before I contact Nissan. Out of warranty, yes, but any goodwill on the part of Nissan?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Confirmed breaks should come with pictures so this can be cataloged here. Nissan needs to know owners are on this situation and that its a trend not a one off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is so ridiculous! I thought I'd be the only one. A few days ago I started hearing funny noises from the rear end and tonight I pulled off the right wheel only to discover that the cross member is rusted through. Luckily no catastrophic damage has occurred and I checked on time but it's currently holding onto about an inch of steel before snapping. I hope it can be repaired and that I won't have to scrap my 2009 LE with only 80k miles on it.

I'm curious, did anyone hear from Nissan? I'd love to bring them to small claims court in case it's not fixable. Here in Quebec, companies can be represented by a manager or a person in charge but not by an attorney in small claims court.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2016 Murano in PA. The subframe and parts look almost identical. I did a brake flush today, noticed some surface rust on the same spots you guys are showing. I thought it was strange how some parts were rusty with the black paint peeling off already. This was mostly on the edges of the sub frame and control arms.

I wire brushed the rust and flaking paint. Applied a rust converter, and then black enameled over that. Might need something better and more long term for next time.

The rust you guys are showing is not acceptable after only 9-10 years.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
My question is has nobody had these cars up on a lift and seen this rust when it first started? If someone was doing your normal service, they should have been looking under the car. This can always be headed off if it's found when it starts.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I crawled around to try and find VENKI photo location. Here is comparison. I believe his shot was with tire off.
It is an incredible difference. We are in similar climates and same LE's. There must some other factors in pay here to the posters with this issue.
Just the standard surface rust overall, nothing of huge concerns. I don't know how you combat this against Nissan, first reply will always be, your city
is using really harsh road salts and maybe you park in a heated garage. SUX.

111.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, I’m having the same issue with my 2010 Nissan Murano! How did you proceed afterwards? Any suggestions? Advice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same problem with my 2008 Murano. This is the rear frame. only 77k miles on it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts