Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2009 since 2011 and now I am experiencing issues with my steering. It feels a bit limp at times when turning full, also when I slow down at high speed it feels a bit lose. The shop has only pointed out the lower control arms on the front rubber on the bushing has a small crack, I have seen it, taking a picture and shown it my brother who's a mechanic and gotten a second opinion which is they are still good.

Anyhow I suspect I need to flush out my steering fluid. I says in the 2009 manual to use Dexron VI type ATF, so the first question is how much I will need?, and is there any specific brand I should use in Canada (other than Nissan) that I can get a Canadian Tire or some other store? And should I avoid other brands?

Oh and looked at the reservoir on my 2009, the cap doesn't seem to simply twist off, do I need to pull it off while twisting? From the outside the fluid looks really dark.

Thanks,

·
Registered
125 Posts
ps system capacity is ~ 1-1/8 us quart. I just buy a single quart when I do mine but if I were in your shoes, i'd buy 2 or 3 and then do it once with 1+ quart and then drive around for a couple hundred miles and then do it again with what's leftover. I use Valvoline dexron vi full synthetic but would be ok with any dexron vi (especially synthetic) available. how many miles since the power steering fluid was last changed / how many total miles do you have on the vehicle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
smoothrunnings
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing