Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you go from a 20” rim to an 18” rim what are the difference in the tire size to accommodate the difference in rim the sidewall I think needs to be taller and the tire of course 18” , on my older Murano Le
I don’t wish to spend a ton of money replacing leaking rims with the 20” due $$$$ and tires 20” are $$$$$ so the answer would be 18 “ used 2015- 2020 hubs and reasonable tires save big buckes on a very low mileage 2010 Murano LE 142,000 km ! Any idea on the correct size for the 18” tires all season ? Thanks !
oh the 2010 tires 20” rims , not only leak and even after buffing they look nasty and the coating is peeling. And appearance a 2 out of 10 …… vehicle has been a dream as my 2003 se was and still clean and the 2010 has little nicks here and there after 13 years !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you go from a 20” rim to an 18” rim what are the difference in the tire size to accommodate the difference in rim the sidewall I think needs to be taller and the tire of course 18” , on my older Murano Le
I don’t wish to spend a ton of money replacing leaking rims with the 20” due $$$$ and tires 20” are $$$$$ so the answer would be 18 “ used 2015- 2020 hubs and reasonable tires save big buckes on a very low mileage 2010 Murano LE 142,000 km ! Any idea on the correct size for the 18” tires all season ? Thanks !
oh the 2010 tires 20” rims , not only leak and even after buffing they look nasty and the coating is peeling. And appearance a 2 out of 10 …… vehicle has been a dream as my 2003 se was and still clean and the 2010 has little nicks here and there after 13 years !
235/65/18
Thank you Bulgaria , that’s what I was thinking ! Have great weekend !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking at saving money on my 2010 mo le with the removal of the leaking original hubs and just using 18” steelies but I know it has to be a five bolt pattern but there are other dimensions that I am not sure of …. The axle bore size , the width , the dimensions I guess are to me a bit confusing when you go to purchase some steel they ask all the sizes and I have no idea where to find them … and I don’t know if it matters that the original standard aluminums were 20” so same center bore ? Help much appreciated …

Thanks
Stonz22

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
I was looking at saving money on my 2010 mo le with the removal of the leaking original hubs and just using 18” steelies but I know it has to be a five bolt pattern but there are other dimensions that I am not sure of …. The axle bore size , the width , the dimensions I guess are to me a bit confusing when you go to purchase some steel they ask all the sizes and I have no idea where to find them … and I don’t know if it matters that the original standard aluminums were 20” so same center bore ? Help much appreciated …

Thanks
Stonz22
The easy way is to go to Ebay and buy used Murano wheels. They will fit and the price is right. Shipping to Canada is the obvious complication. I don't know of any Muranos that came with steel wheels.

Don't forget Tire Rack online - you can research wheel and tire combinations, and they're a great source for tires with a lot more choice than most tire shops. You can have tires shipped to an installer in your town and they'll do the install. If anyone can come up with steel wheels which will fit the Murano, they can probably do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much Pilgrim ! I will try some of the ideas you expressed ! I was disappointed to find out if I put steeliest on that there are no plastic fake wheels covers that will not fall off and that can even been found !
cheers
stonz22

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please don't do this to Mo, but even 66.1 center bore 5x114.3 et45. J7
Thank you I know it really sucks but we are retired now and on a fixed pension , so spending $4000 on new hubs and new tires when the vehicle is probably worth about that ! It has been a great vehicle, as was the 2003 Nissan Murano Se before it. But the 2003 blew its transmission and we ended up selling it as is and made a couple of thousand dollars not much for a beauty. Oh well , fixed pensions suck , always try to get yourself an indexed pension. I have been on pension 20 years. And prices I’m sure you can imagine have gone way up!with no relief in sight !
cheers
stonz 22

ps. what do those numbers mean a breakdown , 66.1 would be the correct size to fit over the bearing cup and sit correctly on the end of the axle. The 5 is the 5 bolt pattern …the 114.3 is a mystery ? Et45. J7 also a mystery ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts