Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to change the coolant on my 2010 Murano. It has the 3.5L V6. I won't be flushing the system; it looks too clean to need it. I'd like to get as much coolant out as I can. Does it have drain plugs for the block that are easy enough to get at?

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's time to change the coolant on my 2010 Murano. It has the 3.5L V6. I won't be flushing the system; it looks too clean to need it. I'd like to get as much coolant out as I can. Does it have drain plugs for the block that are easy enough to get at?
Yes, the engine block has drain plugs, but no, they are not easy to get to since they're underneath each cylinder head (i.e. behind the catalytic converters).

If you just do a radiator drain it will end up replacing about half of the coolant in the system.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just did my drain and fill with oem long life blue 50/50 2 gallons needed. You can use the peak long life blue for Asian vehicles mix too. Only thing worth noting is having extra plastic pushin clips for the compartment cover under the engine. Philip's head petcock screw. Take the overfill reservoir out, rinse and clean outside of it. When finished draining, replace plug and fill radiator slow and until full. Start engine and put ac on high heat. Fill a No spill funnel on top of radiator and watch the level just keep adding coolant as it gets sucked into the radiator. Keep checking the ac temp blowing out of the vents and temp of the engine on instrument panel. Back and forth from cabin to funnel until the radiator is completely full, ac blows hot and temp gauge reads nominal. Then replace cap and fill overflow tank to max warm line. Let the car run through a couple cycles and maybe take her for a spin, done. Replace cover under engine compartment. Take a look at the old coolant to check if it was too dirty, helps to determine if you should do a flush next time or not. Dispose of it at a parts store.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh
I just did my drain and fill with oem long life blue 50/50 2 gallons needed. You can use the peak long life blue for Asian vehicles mix too. Only thing worth noting is having extra plastic pushin clips for the compartment cover under the engine. Philip's head petcock screw. Take the overfill reservoir out, rinse and clean outside of it. When finished draining, replace plug and fill radiator slow and until full. Start engine and put ac on high heat. Fill a No spill funnel on top of radiator and watch the level just keep adding coolant as it gets sucked into the radiator. Keep checking the ac temp blowing out of the vents and temp of the engine on instrument panel. Back and forth from cabin to funnel until the radiator is completely full, ac blows hot and temp gauge reads nominal. Then replace cap and fill overflow tank to max warm line. Let the car run through a couple cycles and maybe take her for a spin, done. Replace cover under engine compartment. Take a look at the old coolant to check if it was too dirty, helps to determine if you should do a flush next time or not. Dispose of it at a parts store.
Just to clarify keep adding coolant into the no spill funnel until the radiator is full and no longer sucking coolant down into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts