Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I changed my MAF FIRST, THEN MY INTAKE BOOT, and that seemed to fix it temporarily. Then it threw the o2 sensor codes. So I changed those and it kept telling me that it was running lean and I was still getting the oxygen sensor code and misfires so I changed all the spark plugs and I changed the coil pack I'm still getting the same codes and I'm getting hesitation above 2000 RPM's when I go over sometimes 3k rpm it will just make revving noise and not speed up, then other times it does the 2k rpm limp mode deal... When I give it gas at these roms or on a hill it will not go above 45 50 mph any help??? I'm new don't bash me too hard if I posted this in the wrong area

Codes

Po139
Po138
Po430
Po137
And all repeat as permanent codes w severity.....

-Chris

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Ok I changed my MAF FIRST, THEN MY INTAKE BOOT, and that seemed to fix it temporarily. Then it threw the o2 sensor codes. So I changed those and it kept telling me that it was running lean and I was still getting the oxygen sensor code and misfires so I changed all the spark plugs and I changed the coil pack I'm still getting the same codes and I'm getting hesitation above 2000 RPM's when I go over sometimes 3k rpm it will just make revving noise and not speed up, then other times it does the 2k rpm limp mode deal... When I give it gas at these roms or on a hill it will not go above 45 50 mph any help??? I'm new don't bash me too hard if I posted this in the wrong area

Codes

Po139
Po138
Po430
Po137
And all repeat as permanent codes w severity.....

-Chris
P0137 - Heated oxygen sensor 2 (bank 1) circuit low voltage
The maximum voltage from the sensor does not reach the specified voltage.

P0138 - Heated oxygen sensor 2 (bank 1) circuit high voltage
A) An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to ECM.
B) The minimum voltage from the sensor is not reached to the specified voltage.

P0139 - Heated oxygen sensor 2 (bank 1) circuit slow response
The switching time between rich and lean of a heated oxygen sensor 2 signal delays more than the specified time computed by ECM.

P0430 - Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 2)
Three way catalyst (manifold) does not operate properly.

3 out of 4 codes relate to the bank 1 downstream O2 sensor so have you tried graphing the voltage signal of that sensor on your scan tool to see what it's doing?

What are long-term fuel trim (LTFT) values for both banks when the engine is idling at operating temperature?

Does the car run normally right after a cold start (e.g. in the morning) before it starts exhibiting those symptoms you described?

Also, which O2 sensors did you replace and what brand did you use?

Reactions: Chrisbdroid

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Yes, OEM will give you the most favorable result. No name brand will just give you more issues.

Not sure but denso or NTK maybe ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P0137 - Heated oxygen sensor 2 (bank 1) circuit low voltage
The maximum voltage from the sensor does not reach the specified voltage.

P0138 - Heated oxygen sensor 2 (bank 1) circuit high voltage
A) An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to ECM.
B) The minimum voltage from the sensor is not reached to the specified voltage.

P0139 - Heated oxygen sensor 2 (bank 1) circuit slow response
The switching time between rich and lean of a heated oxygen sensor 2 signal delays more than the specified time computed by ECM.

P0430 - Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 2)
Three way catalyst (manifold) does not operate properly.

3 out of 4 codes relate to the bank 1 downstream O2 sensor so have you tried graphing the voltage signal of that sensor on your scan tool to see what it's doing?

What are long-term fuel trim (LTFT) values for both banks when the engine is idling at operating temperature?

Does the car run normally right after a cold start (e.g. in the morning) before it starts exhibiting those symptoms you described?

Also, which O2 sensors did you replace and what brand did you use?
I don't have a scan tool, just the oreillys obdII....
It runs better but still won't go full power in cooler temps or after first start. I changed all 4, 2 02 and 2 air/fuel. them with car parts.com o2 sensors. Probably not the best, but I was on a budget and I had 4 to replace.

Drive wire air/fuel
Ultra Power 02 sensors

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I don't have a scan tool, just the oreillys obdII....
It runs better but still won't go full power in cooler temps or after first start. I changed all 4, 2 02 and 2 air/fuel. them with car parts.com o2 sensors. Probably not the best, but I was on a budget and I had 4 to replace.

Drive wire air/fuel
Ultra Power 02 sensors
It's awfully tough to diagnose O2 sensor faults without a scan tool that has live data capabilities. Not much confidence in the replacement brands. Cheap O2 sensors can do wacky things right out of the box.

Reactions: Chrisbdroid

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's awfully tough to diagnose O2 sensor faults without a scan tool that has live data capabilities. Not much confidence in the replacement brands. Cheap O2 sensors can do wacky things right out of the box.
Ok, thanks for all the input and help. I'll see if a shop around can do this or look into refunds for the o2 sensors and buy the better ones recommended. Thx again!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts