Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping I can get some help. I'm being plagued by the infamous P0420 code and I'm trying to avoid going to the mechanic if I can help it.

I have a 2010 Nissan Murano S AWD 6 Cylinders A 3.5L FI DOHC.

I'm not really seeing or feeling any loss of power but I feel like I can hear a hissing sound coming from the upper, rear, central region of the engine bay. I know that probably sounds confusing but here is a stock image I found to give a better idea of the location.

I've taken that plastic cover off and spent many hours over the past two weeks trying to identify where the hiss is coming from using my eyes, ears and a cool little endoscope I got on eBay and I'm coming up empty. I am really thinking there is a vacuum leak somewhere but I'm drawing a blank. I could just be hearing normal engine noise but the optimist in me is hoping it is a vacuum leak because the P0420 code is just an absolute nightmare to diagnose.

So have any of you folks encountered something like this or have any suggestions. I am a novice when it comes to car repair but I do have basic experience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts