Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve driven a Rogue since 2015 and love it. But I’ve been unemployed for a year now and have to let it go. I found a 2010 Muranium the seems to be in great shape, but is be parted out. I went to take a look and after hooking my jump box to it everything came on and seemed fine. Until I press the start button. I could hear the starter spin but when I let go of the button it kept spinning. I had to press it again to stop it. To me this seems like it would be an issue with either the fly wheel missing teeth, or the Bendix on the starter being bad. I’m just confused why it kept trying to start once I released the button though. Is this a common trait of the push start Muranos?. I also wanted to check with some people that were more familiar with them than me to make sure this wasn’t some common problem that might end up costing me thousands to fix. Any input would be appreciated and thank you for reading.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I’ve driven a Rogue since 2015 and love it. But I’ve been unemployed for a year now and have to let it go. I found a 2010 Muranium the seems to be in great shape, but is be parted out. I went to take a look and after hooking my jump box to it everything came on and seemed fine. Until I press the start button. I could hear the starter spin but when I let go of the button it kept spinning. I had to press it again to stop it. To me this seems like it would be an issue with either the fly wheel missing teeth, or the Bendix on the starter being bad. I’m just confused why it kept trying to start once I released the button though. Is this a common trait of the push start Muranos?. I also wanted to check with some people that were more familiar with them than me to make sure this wasn’t some common problem that might end up costing me thousands to fix. Any input would be appreciated and thank you for reading.
The electric starter/flywheel system has proven to be very efficient and reliable, which may explain why it's been in wide use for many many years.

The fact that the car is being parted out should give you at least some pause since generally a decision like that isn't made unless someone has concluded that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds its market value and it would be worth more parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s the main thing that gives me pause, although the mechanic that is parting it out hates Nissans with a passion and says that he just believes that it’s something between the engine and the transmission. And he’s not gonna waste his time on a piece of junk, mainly because of the CVT. But I really can’t think of anything that it could be other than the starter or the fly wheel. If it’s just a starter and he’s not even gonna bother to check the Bendix I t’s an easy fix. If it’s the flywheel it’ll take me a ton of work, but from what I’ve seen online Fly wheels aren’t that expensive. As for the rest of the car it’s in perfect shape. Is there anything else other than the fly wheel or the starter that could be causing an issue like this? Also to put it in perspective he’s only asking $800 for it, and the body is perfect, and it’s got a brand new set a tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts