Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple weeks ago I took my 2010 Murano to a nearby Nissan dealer to check out a loss of power, especially going up hills, intermittent hesitation when accelerating from a stop and a recent episode of it going into limp mode, almost stalling out. The dealer did a diagnostic on the car and said that error code P0868 for the transmission came up, which they said means that the transmission needs to be replaced. They said that my only options are to replace the transmission, which would be almost $6K or to get rid of the car. I then contacted different Nissan dealer nearby and they said that it would be worth it for them to take a second look at the car to make sure I really do need a new transmission. The service tech got back to me and said that they checked the car out and said that the car's computer needed a software update for the transmission, which they now downloaded. He said for me to give the car a try to see if that resolves the hesitation and performance. He said that he's had other Muranos that needed that update and their transmissions kept going with no problems. That apparently has worked for my car, as it now runs extremely well, has full power again with no issues at all. Is it possible that it only needed a software update for the transmission?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Awesome!

Is there an update code on your work order that you can share with us?

What did they charge for this service?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The work order doesn't give an update code, it just says: "Performed transmission software update, recc customer drive and monitor for the meantime. If problem persists, transission replacement is recommended. $4600 plus tax." I can give them a call tomorrow and ask what the code is for the update. I think this is pretty significant, as alot of dealers like the first one I went to have probably just been pushing for people to replace the transmission, rather than looking further into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts