Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when its cold outside -10 Celsius the vehicle will turn over but will not start unless we boost it. we have replaced the battery, alternator and the plugs and have the block heater plugged in . there are no codes. when it is warmer it starts fine on its own.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
when its cold outside -10 Celsius the vehicle will turn over but will not start unless we boost it. we have replaced the battery, alternator and the plugs and have the block heater plugged in . there are no codes. when it is warmer it starts fine on its own.
When were these items replaced? Battery connections are clean and tight, correct? Have you tried measuring battery voltage at the terminals both before and during cranking to make sure the battery is reasonably charged and that there's no excessive voltage drop while the engine is turning over?

Reactions: Murana

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Murano
22 Posts
I have the same exact issue, everyone suggests the same check...battery...it’s not the battery, it’s some kind of fuel system issue... if I turn my key to on position ( push button without foot on break) and let car sit for 1.5 minutes, it starts every time. I have replaced the fuel pump...didn’t help.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I have the same exact issue, everyone suggests the same check...battery...it’s not the battery, it’s some kind of fuel system issue... if I turn my key to on position ( push button without foot on break) and let car sit for 1.5 minutes, it starts every time. I have replaced the fuel pump...didn’t help.
It sounds like you battery may be marginal... Have you battery and alternator load tested for free at a place like AutoZone to be sure they're healthy before troubleshooting further...

Reactions: Pilgrim
1 - 4 of 4 Posts