Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am fed up with this car. I have a 2010 Nissan Murano. I’ve replace the alternator 3x in one month. Each time, I drive it 30 miles before the alternator breaks and the car goes into limp mode. I didn’t have much money and kept replacing a $160 alternator valucraft brand. I was thinking since the oem is over $700 that I may just need a stronger alternator. I’ve checked all wires, ground wire, battery, and everything is good. I have my old alternator out now, I need to buy a new one and I have money to spend! What alternator is the best for Nissan?? The choices I have that are near me are
Carquest
Bosch
Duralast
And some I found on amazon
Db electric
Denso
Ac delco
I just need the best one that won’t leave me stranded as soon as I take off. It’s so much money for labor to replace these alternators. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,596 Posts
Hello all,
I am fed up with this car. I have a 2010 Nissan Murano. I’ve replace the alternator 3x in one month. Each time, I drive it 30 miles before the alternator breaks and the car goes into limp mode. I didn’t have much money and kept replacing a $160 alternator valucraft brand. I was thinking since the oem is over $700 that I may just need a stronger alternator. I’ve checked all wires, ground wire, battery, and everything is good. I have my old alternator out now, I need to buy a new one and I have money to spend! What alternator is the best for Nissan?? The choices I have that are near me are
Carquest
Bosch
Duralast
And some I found on amazon
Db electric
Denso
Ac delco
I just need the best one that won’t leave me stranded as soon as I take off. It’s so much money for labor to replace these alternators. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Denso is an OEM electrical supplier for Nissan. I would go with that brand, but not a rebuilt one.

After many years of replacing alternators using rebuilts (As requested by the customer to save money!), I will never use a rebuilt alternator on my own cars. Short term failure rate is more then 75%, with a more then 50% failure right out of the box. Labor is not free, which people seem to forget about when trying to save a penny.

In the 90's, we added a specific clause to our receipts given to customers that they had to sign when a rebuilt was demanded by the costumer. Pointing that out usually changed a costumer's mind.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Administrator
9,657 Posts
I'm with Paul Day. The failure rate of aftermarket alternators - especially from discount stores - is very high.

The alternative I have used is to take my original alternator to a local electrical shop and have them rebuild it. Then I have an original to re-install. However, it's increasingly hard to find those shops, and you have to do your own work.

·
Premium Member
Oct 2010 Ti Australian Model (Manufactured Japan)
167 Posts
i had 3 after market alternators and they do not work you have to have oem parts on this car . Nissan alternators cycle through volts in a very specific way and after market parts will just burn out in your car

·
Registered
36 Posts
Denso is an OEM electrical supplier for Nissan. I would go with that brand, but not a rebuilt one.

After many years of replacing alternators using rebuilts (As requested by the customer to save money!), I will never use a rebuilt alternator on my own cars. Short term failure rate is more then 75%, with a more then 50% failure right out of the box. Labor is not free, which people seem to forget about when trying to save a penny.

In the 90's, we added a specific clause to our receipts given to customers that they had to sign when a rebuilt was demanded by the costumer. Pointing that out usually changed a costumer's mind.

Good luck.

Have a good day.
DENSO is an awesome OEM manufacturer for NISSAN but I couldn't find alternators listed on their site for this application.

·
Registered
36 Posts
make sure you are checking densoautoparts.com … they have a parts lookup there.

I found the replacement denso alternator for my 2009.

cheers
The originator for the post was looking for the correct alternator for an 2010. I did see the Alternators for the 09s and it's very possible they may work in a 2010. I don't see why they wouldn't unless the regulators are very different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also another option on rock auto was the BOSCH AL2415X which is listed compatible for both the 2009 and 2010 Murano

It references that is compatible with the following Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 231001AA1B, 23100JA11B

I myself don't have experience with the BOSCH units but have had great luck with Denso and Champion/Remy units

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought rebuilt Bosch alternator, and it worked great.

Also, many Murano alternator failures are I believe due the melting connector.
My alternator connector was 1/2 melted and 1/2 falling apart,
and I've seen other Murano alternator replacement videos,
and I see the connector often melted and breaking apart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts