Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
leaking!! They have to replace the tcase. Only 25k on it. They want car for 2 days and are not providing a loaner. C'mon Nissan step up to the plate. 40k car and I get to rent one? The dealer said there is a TSB out that states if they have one that leaks they are to replace the whole unit.
Anybody know where I can find the TSB? Car goes in on tuesday next week. Maybe I will get a free wash....:(

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yep i've mentioned this before.

As of February 25th, 2011 Nissan released TSB NTB11-017 "2009-2011 MURANO SMALL TRANSFER LEAK"

If the dealership CONFIRMS there is a small amount of fluid leaking from the transfer assembly and the VIN falls between JN8AZ18W(*)9W-202328 and built between March 1st, 2009 - JN8AZ1MW(*)AW-133572 built till July 9, 2010, you get a new transfercase.

If it doesn't fall into the VIN range then it gets an inspection of the transfercase mating surface to transmission. If found bad, then gets the transfercase replaced. If found ok, gets rebuilt with new seals.
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/83-2nd-gen-2009/16101-axle-seal-leak-after-only-6900-kms-2.html

·
Registered
151 Posts
While it's at the dealer, have them check the head gaskets for leaks also. I had both replaced at 25k, so mileage isn't that great a factor. I was offered a loaner, but have some spare vehicles around that are nicer to drive than the typical rental. Your dealer is just cheap!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yeah your dealer is being cheap. Work like this especially under warranty, they should offer you a loaner. Nissan goodwill will cover it. Sometimes service advisors are too lazy or don't wanna deal with the hassle of getting goodwill authorization for a $30 loaner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While it's at the dealer, have them check the head gaskets for leaks also. I had both replaced at 25k, so mileage isn't that great a factor. I was offered a loaner, but have some spare vehicles around that are nicer to drive than the typical rental. Your dealer is just cheap!
Hmm.. I have been smelling antifreeze since day 1 everyday. Have not had to add any yet. They have said in the past everything is fine and cannot tell where the smell is coming from. They can smell it too. Guess I need to tell them not to call me until they find where the smell is coming from. Is there a HG test they can perform to tell?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hmm.. I have been smelling antifreeze since day 1 everyday. Have not had to add any yet. They have said in the past everything is fine and cannot tell where the smell is coming from. They can smell it too. Guess I need to tell them not to call me until they find where the smell is coming from. Is there a HG test they can perform to tell?
Yep i know exactly what they're going through, you can smell it but you can't see it. I've seen sometimes where you can't visibly see the leak from the headgaskets nor the dry crust but on a gut feeling, i remove the intake manifold and there it is, coolant leaking from the headgaskets from underneath the intake manifold where you would never be able to see it.

This one isn't that bad but you can see some minor green crust where coolant was seeping out from the head gaskets.

Read this thread i made.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/83-2nd-gen-2009/16064-doing-head-gaskets-09-a.html

·
Registered
131 Posts
As others have mentioned Turbizzy,

Truly appreciate your support and contributions to this forum.

Nothing better than having an active man in the field keeping us apprised of current data.

Many thanks!

Cheers

·
Banned
43 Posts
I was so changed from 25k, so the mileage is not a very large factor. I was offered a loan, but it is surrounded by the extra vehicles that are nicer to drive a typical rental. The dealer is really cheap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts