Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put belt on parents 2011 Nissan Rogue. I need to skip the ac and just run shorter belt bc they let nephews friend replace engine and after they got it back the belt jumps off and breaks radiator. I replaced radiator, and when putting belt back on. I see 2 bolt holes have been broke and the other 2 stripped. Nephew said thry didn't see until putting belt on but regardless. Is their a way i can run a shorter one without air compressor ? Just running rope skipping ac pully and it looks like be tight.

·
Administrator
9,153 Posts
What I'd do is run a cord around the pulleys the way I think it would have to be routed, see if the path is free of interference and has a way to tighten the belt, then measure the resulting length around the pulleys. That ought to get you length specs to find a belt - IF the revised path will work. (The width would be whatever the original belt was.)

Better to do it right the first time, use a tap to re-thread the intact bolt holes so they're usable, and see how you can repair the broken ones. And for heaven's sake, don't let that guy touch your car again. I've never heard of someone doing so much damage in a simple procedure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts