Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 LE platinum. The LED dot matrix display below the speedometer is dark. I need to remove the instrument cluster to examine and possibly repair or replace.
I need the removal procedure of the instrument cluster. Can anyone assist me with this?
Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2011 Nissan Murano LE. I found the part used on eBay, but I've looked on YouTube and couldn't find a removal video. :(. At least not for a 2nd Gen Murano. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated....

·
Registered
624 Posts
You can find the Service Manual on the nicoclub website. The Instrument Cluster has its own section titled "IP". Looks like you have to take the steering wheel off and the whole dash apart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My LED display just went out yesterday on my '14 Platinum, and after reading someone removing theirs on a Maxima, and watching a youtube video of someone removing one from a Rogue, I took my chances, and it was not very hard! I can see where as someone mentioned that removing the steering wheel was needed, but not really. I just needed to push up on the upper dash pad to get the bezel and the cluster out and back in again.Just make sure that your steering wheel is all the way lowered.It took me maybe 20 minutes start to finish.
Tools needed - phillips screwdriver, small pry tool, needle-nose pliers
Remove left side dash panel with pry tool.
Unscrew the hood release lever (2 phillips screws)
Drop down lower dash panel. Held up only by clips. Just some gentle tugging is all that's required. I just let it hang.
Pop out the Instrument cluster bezel. again, only clips. disconnect the electrical plug on left side. I needed to press up on dash pad to get it to clear the steering wheel.
Remove 3 phillips screws for Instrument cluster. 1 on top center, 1 on each side lower. Having a magnetic tipped screwdriver will help, as the lower screws will fall down into dash.
Disconnect the electrical plug on left side. Push up on dash pad again to clear the steering wheel as you pull out the cluster.
You will see a tan clip holding the ribbon cable into the circuit board on backside of cluster. Remove it with a needle-nosed pliers. Pull out ribbon cable, then push it back in. Reinstall the tan clip.
Plug cluster back in and test before you reverse the removal process. This worked for me.
I did have to unplug the cluster after testing it, and fit in into the dash, then I was able to plug it back in. Again, I had to lift up the dash pad to get both the cluster, and the bezel into the dash.
Sorry, no pictures, but I hope that this helps someone.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My LED display just went out yesterday on my '14 Platinum, and after reading someone removing theirs on a Maxima, and watching a youtube video of someone removing one from a Rogue, I took my chances, and it was not very hard! I can see where as someone mentioned that removing the steering wheel was needed, but not really. I just needed to push up on the upper dash pad to get the bezel and the cluster out and back in again.Just make sure that your steering wheel is all the way lowered.It took me maybe 20 minutes start to finish.
Tools needed - phillips screwdriver, small pry tool, needle-nose pliers
Remove left side dash panel with pry tool.
Unscrew the hood release lever (2 phillips screws)
Drop down lower dash panel. Held up only by clips. Just some gentle tugging is all that's required. I just let it hang.
Pop out the Instrument cluster bezel. again, only clips. disconnect the electrical plug on left side. I needed to press up on dash pad to get it to clear the steering wheel.
Remove 3 phillips screws for Instrument cluster. 1 on top center, 1 on each side lower. Having a magnetic tipped screwdriver will help, as the lower screws will fall down into dash.
Disconnect the electrical plug on left side. Push up on dash pad again to clear the steering wheel as you pull out the cluster.
You will see a tan clip holding the ribbon cable into the circuit board on backside of cluster. Remove it with a needle-nosed pliers. Pull out ribbon cable, then push it back in. Reinstall the tan clip.
Plug cluster back in and test before you reverse the removal process. This worked for me.
I did have to unplug the cluster after testing it, and fit in into the dash, then I was able to plug it back in. Again, I had to lift up the dash pad to get both the cluster, and the bezel into the dash.
Sorry, no pictures, but I hope that this helps someone.
Thanks, will copy this and take it to the dealer-they may need help on it! By the way, did you replace it or just unhook and hook it back up again?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts