Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hope you can give me some advice on maintaining our 2012 Murano SL AWD.
Over the past 8 years, we just drove about 38k miles (about 60k kms), and we only did oil changes and filter changes.
Should I also consider doing more maintenance jobs, such as changing CVT fluid, flush coolant, brake fluid etc, considering the age of the vehicle?
Service manual only says Replace brake fluid every 15k miles, but no mentioning of replacing other fluids before 38k.
Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Absolutely!

·
Super Moderator
8,481 Posts
Agreed. Your mileage is such that you will be early on some lubricants, but that never hurt anything.

The 15K mile interval on brake fluid makes no sense to me, and seems extremely early. Normal flush intervals for brake fluid in most cars are every three years. Brake fluid slowly draws moisture from the atmosphere, and the water will corrode brake parts and cause caliper problems. For most cars 3 years is around 30K mile intervals, which is soon enough. However, at 8 years you're about 5 years overdue. Brake work is expensive, so do the brake fluid flush soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts