Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my new 2012 Murano SL this weekend! I absolutely love this vehicle and prevously had the 2009 Murano SL. Everything is pretty much the same as my last Murano, same color (Black), tan leather interior, navigation system, dual moonroof, Bose stereo 9 speaker system, single CD player, heated front seats, etc. The only differences from the 2009 model is this one does not have the lift up cargo netted grocery thingy in the back of the vehicle. Also, looks like they moved the audio/video inputs (yellow, red, white) inside the center console instead of on the back outside of the center console. Oh, and there is a USB port inside the center console now as well. And, looks like the stereo volume and tuning buttons are all in a chrome now. :)

Finally, got my answer on whether I can get my Itunes music to display on navigation screen and finally being able to select music from the navigation screen or the steering wheel controls. I don't even have to use my old Ipod Classic with wires anymore. Now, I can use the Bluetooth on my Iphone 4 to have my Itunes music played through the stereo as well as being displayed on the navigation screen. No more wires, yay! [click on Pictures below]:

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks nice!

Can I ask the price difference in the two? Did you trade the old? I'm thinking (although maybe not right now) of trading in since used car prices are at their peak right now)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice!

Can I ask the price difference in the two? Did you trade the old? I'm thinking (although maybe not right now) of trading in since used car prices are at their peak right now)
Both vehicles are leased. I turned in the 2009 Murano SL 3 months early, my lease is 39 months (which Murano originally listed for $39,500), and they put me into a 2012 which lists for $41,000.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice ride! My 2011 LE is also leased and has everything that yours has including the Music Box feature which is an internal hard drive so you can burn CD's to it. I was told that they don't offer that anymore due to copy right issues. And with your I Phone 4 you can listen to your music collection or download the Pandora Radio App as the latest download has improved communication between the MO and your I Phone.:D

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
snipe:
Nice ride! My 2011 LE is also leased and has everything that yours has including the Music Box feature which is an internal hard drive so you can burn CD's to it. I was told that they don't offer that anymore due to copy right issues.

You were misinformed. Nissan because of copyright can no longer use the term "Music Box" but regardless the 2012 with Nav has the same hardware set-up as your 2011.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
snipe:

You were misinformed. Nissan because of copyright can no longer use the term "Music Box" but regardless the 2012 with Nav has the same hardware set-up as your 2011.
I thought my 2012 SL did have it as well. I had it in my 2009 but didn't use it. But, I am very happy with the Iphone Itunes bluetooth integration. :) Just haven't set it up yet. Been reading the manual this time around. I never knew my 2009 had heated side mirrors, lol. Just found that out with my 2012.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The "music box" is not that easy. I already have all my music converted to MP3s. It is easier to just use the CF card (my 2009 Murano). However, the random play on the stereo is awful. Much rather have ipod integration. If I decide to stick with Murano, the 2012 has it. (only 5+ years than everyone else)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Black is always a sharp looking color. But after fighting with one black car, and one midnight blue, I've pretty much sworn off those colors. Just too darn hard to keep them clean, especially where i live.

Silver and the tans do better for me, but you just can't beat a nice, shiny, detailed black machine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts