Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at a 2012 Nissan Murano SV Sport Utility. It has 185,220 miles on it. Its been taken care of. Bearings and radiator has been replaced along with new brakes.

Should this be a reliable vehicle? Service records are attached!

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Your best bet is to have an independent mechanic go over the car top to bottom. Under side should be inspected for rust and oil leaks.

Without the price, it's hard to tell if you're getting a good deal with that many miles.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Pilgrim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your best bet is to have an independent mechanic go over the car top to bottom. Under side should be inspected for rust and oil leaks.

Without the price, it's hard to tell if you're getting a good deal with that many miles.

Have a good day.
Thanks for replying!! She's selling it for $5,500 😃

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
I would not buy that vehicle without having an independent mechanic check it thoroughly, and drive it while paying specific attention to how the transmission behaves.

Reactions: PaulDay

·
Registered
41 Posts
Brakes, radiator and wheel bearings are easy things to replace and not very costly. I'd be happier if they said they overhauled the engine, installed a new CVT/transfer case, etc. At least yours is a later model and less likely to have the same issues as the earlier model. But have someone check the subframe for rust and cracks and blown-out bushings. Find out when the front struts were last replaced and if the sway bar links make any clunking noise over tiny bumps because they're worn out. How old are the tires and how much tread is left? Are the tires wearing evenly. Are they are bad/loose tie-rods, balljoints, cracked control arms? When driving down a straight, smooth road and you let go of the steering wheel for a second, does the car veer to the left or right or stay straight? If veering, you probably need a front-end alignment, and possibly other parts related to suspension/steering. Could be very costly. There are a ton of small things. Check that every single function inside the car works. From the side mirrors, to the rearview mirror's compass, to the many cigarette lighters, overhead lights, power windows, all instrumentation and dummy light, all exteriors lights and signals, the horn, heater, A/C, radio, cruse control, etc, etc. Test out everything before buying. Having a mechanic get it up on a lift to do a proper assessment of things is really the way to go. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nissans come with complimentary rust. Lol free of charge

·
Registered
41 Posts
Blueyed, you might consider removing the pics of those invoices, as they show the MO owners' names, mailing address and cell phone number. I'd be upset if someone posted somewhat private info of mine that I provided to one person who was interested in a car I was selling. Those invoices really don't mean anything, aside from the seller wanting to fix something, and they paid a hefty price from what I can see. More than $350 for a part that usually costs $100-$150 aftermarket. Then $200 to install something that takes less than an hour to do? Geesh! Price-gouged, bigtime, IMO. And since the invoice says "running hot," perhaps the owners have already done some damage to the engine and other support components that would cause the car to have problems prematurely, under new ownership...potentially yours. Those invoices don't show proper upkeep and maintenance of that car, they show someone trying to fix stuff fast in order to sell it to someone else. Again...my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I'm looking at a 2012 Nissan Murano SV Sport Utility. It has 185,220 miles on it. Its been taken care of. Bearings and radiator has been replaced along with new brakes.

Should this be a reliable vehicle? Service records are attached!

Thank you!
be sure the cvt transmission has had oil changed at least every 50-60,000 miles otherwise it's going to be an issue at your milage. a new cvt trans cost about 5-7000$$
good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
be sure the cvt transmission has had oil changed at least every 50-60,000 miles otherwise it's going to be an issue at your milage. a new cvt trans cost about 5-7000$$
good luck
I believe you also noticed that when you accelerate it starts out quickly but immediately drop into a lower gear without any pedal fluctuation. yes this is normal i'm sorry to say. we have the 2011 sl and it has done that since brand new. just the way it was programmed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts