Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been getting vibration in the floorboard and feel it in the gas and brake pedal. Took it to one place and they did a wheel balance(supposedly) and that did not help. I then took it to a Nissan Dealership and they told me really bad news and that is that it needs a transmission replacement, axle, and exhaust catalyst replaced. The price for all this is running into the $6000+. The service guy said to maybe consider trading the car. My heart sank because I just finished paying off the car and only have had it for 3 years. I plan to take it somewhere else for another opinion. But just wanted to see what you all's opinion is on this. Also, if somebody here has had the transmission replaced and what was the results after that(ie, did you have any trouble after that)? Thanks in advance. ray

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
790 Posts
Hi,

I've been getting vibration in the floorboard and feel it in the gas and brake pedal. Took it to one place and they did a wheel balance(supposedly) and that did not help. I then took it to a Nissan Dealership and they told me really bad news and that is that it needs a transmission replacement, axle, and exhaust catalyst replaced. The price for all this is running into the $6000+. The service guy said to maybe consider trading the car. My heart sank because I just finished paying off the car and only have had it for 3 years. I plan to take it somewhere else for another opinion. But just wanted to see what you all's opinion is on this. Also, if somebody here has had the transmission replaced and what was the results after that(ie, did you have any trouble after that)? Thanks in advance. ray
A vibration is felt--do you also hear a noise? If so, describe it in detail.

Also, did the dealership give you any other information aside from what you included in your previous post? There should be something on the work order that states what the mechanic found, a list of trouble codes pulled from the ECM/TCM etc., and recommendations. Any additional information you can provide would be helpful. You can also upload a picture of it, but make sure that any personally-identifiable information (e.g. your name, address, phone number etc.) is hidden/removed.

Given the extent of repairs and high cost the dealership quoted you, I highly suggest that you take your car to a reputable independent shop for a 2nd opinion. And, I wouldn't tell them right off what the dealership told you--just have them go through their own diagnostic process and see if they arrive at the same conclusions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delay, they did not give the codes or any other information. At the time that the service advisor gave me the news, my heart sank and did not think of getting more information. I do plan to take it to another place, I'm just trying to ask around for a reputable place right now as I don't know much around this area.

CheeryChap, I have about 81,000 miles so any warranty has expired.

But what I primarily wanted to ask is has anybody gone through getting the transmission and/or the other parts that they mentioned that they said need replacement and what has been the effect afterwards? Did you have any problems after that? I was hoping also to give my Murano over to my teen who starts driving in a couple years. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts