Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, wondering if it's possible to stream audio from my phone in my 2013 SL with no navigation. Right now, I have to connect my phone via a USB cable because the system doesn't allow audio streaming - just hands-free calling.

If not any idea how to upgrade the audio to a system with navigation and Bluetooth?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you don't have nav it's not possible (Thanks Nissan ?). If you want to replace ur radio it's very expensive/time consuming since the climate controls are integrated. After a lot of searching and disappoinment I found this:

Mpow MBR2 Bluetooth Car Kits for Hands-Free Calling, Bluetooth Receiver/Bluetooth Aux Adapter 3 in 1 with Dual USB Car Charger & Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio System (Hfp/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0739RGDFJ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_1YVpEbTSPS05D

It will turn on and off with ur car, and you'll be able to listen to music and make phone calls because it has a mic.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought a little bluetooth square module that plugs into my component in Jack's, the red and white Jack's. The module is really small and works really well. Hands free talk still works since my phone is paired with the car as well. Heres a link Etekcity NFC-Enabled Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Music Streaming Adapter For for sale online | eBay

They sell this on amazon and have really good reviews. I like this one because of how low profile it is and the sound quality is pristine. The ground loop is a good idea and I have everything plugged in and resting in my center console so no visible wires.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you don't have nav it's not possible (Thanks Nissan ?). If you want to replace ur radio it's very expensive/time consuming since the climate controls are integrated. After a lot of searching and disappoinment I found this:

Mpow MBR2 Bluetooth Car Kits for Hands-Free Calling, Bluetooth Receiver/Bluetooth Aux Adapter 3 in 1 with Dual USB Car Charger & Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio System (Hfp/HSP/

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a little bluetooth square module that plugs into my component in Jack's, the red and white Jack's. The module is really small and works really well. Hands free talk still works since my phone is paired with the car as well. Heres a link Etekcity NFC-Enabled Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Music Streaming Adapter For for sale online | eBay

They sell this on amazon and have really good reviews. I like this one because of how low profile it is and the sound quality is pristine. The ground loop is a good idea and I have everything plugged in and resting in my center console so no visible wires.
Hope it works! I just ordered for my 11 Murano, it has no navi but has Bose. Super annoying.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hope it works! I just ordered for my 11 Murano, it has no navi but has Bose. Super annoying.
I agree, why have a a screen with no scalability for add ons like navigation and/or touch capability. Especially when they had options for navigation for these models and at that time. I have a 2010 le and which is supposed to be the fully loaded version but for whatever reason this model doesn't have it. It has base for whatever reason as well lol. Anyways, I like the little bluetooth module. You do have to press and hold the button on it to turn it on everytime you turn the car on. If you usually leave on your bluetooth on your phone, you dont have to pair each time just turn the unify module on. Im sure you will find a great way to dress the wires into the center console or wherever you want nicely to where they are not visible. Im sure there are even better products out there, but I like the sound quality retention and overall functionality of it at that price. Inexpensive is a plus to me. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Im also looking into bypassing the stock subwoofer and installing a separate aftermarket amp to beef up the bass to hit a little harder. There are some people on this forum that have had great success with that as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same as others, I used this plugged in to the AUX in the center storage. The wire that comes out to the puck is thin which is nice. It doesn't get damaged by the armrest/storage lid being closed and I can run the wire down along the seat and I have it seated down by the shifter. Basically out of site, out of mind. Turns off with the car, all I have to do is hit the play button after I turn the car on.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow I'm impressed! Ofcourse we all have questions. Does everything work as it did excluding the new screen such as, steering wheel buttons, hands free phone, bose system etc...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow I'm impressed! Ofcourse we all have questions. Does everything work as it did excluding the new screen such as, steering wheel buttons, hands free phone, bose system etc...
Well the top two consoles (the top info/settings/display panel and the radio buttons are no longer functional, that control has been transferred to the radio interface. The steering wheel buttons work normally.

The climate control on screen display is also transferred to the radio interface though the buttons all work normally. The display doesn’t read out correctly though, checking on the canbus wiring to straighten that out, but the buttons all work. The oem phone function still works fine though I did disconnect it and I’m using the android Bluetooth unit with the steering wheel. Overall I did this to upgrade that ugly old screen and add navigation. I also have CarPlay and the rest of the stuff that comes with having a good android radio. I am very happy with it so far.

My weekend car has a very nice interface and I wanted something similar here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In other words is it truly fully integrated?
Other android units split the controls and cede radio control to the oem unit. Not sure if its because of the Bose but this one disconnects and bypasses the oem head unit directly and has all functions integrated within the android. It uses the oem speakers and amplifier.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Other android units split the controls and cede radio control to the oem unit. Not sure if its because of the Bose but this one disconnects and bypasses the oem head unit directly and has all functions integrated within the android. It uses the oem speakers and amplifier.
Interesting! Just to clarify, you have the bose system and all the speakers work as they did before?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting! Just to clarify, you have the bose system and all the speakers work as they did before?
I do have factory Bose and I haven’t noticed a thing in the way of degradation or speakers suddenly not working. It even has its own internal equalizer and loudness button, haha. I’ll be driving it around more over the next week and report back. I will say though that if you buy from them make sure they incorporate all of the information I had to give them as I worked my way through installation, as the manual was almost nonexistent. It’s a fairly straightforward transferring of 5 of the 8 plugs from the oem unit to the android.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am very interested in purchasing this unit and appreciate the level of research you have done here. About a year ago, I researched for weeks and I could only find two manufacturers that made units such as these that integrated fully however they were $1000 and no longer make units for Nissan, only Ford lol ofcourse right? Honestly, I dont need the full integration such as the buttons that you said no longer work on the dash but I would love the navigation,streaming audio and retention of the bose system. Granted its not oem and from Ali Express😉 but I'm willing to try it. This does come with a GPS antenna?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am very interested in purchasing this unit and appreciate the level of research you have done here. About a year ago, I researched for weeks and I could only find two manufacturers that made units such as these that integrated fully however they were $1000 and no longer make units for Nissan, only Ford lol ofcourse right? Honestly, I dont need the full integration such as the buttons that you said no longer work on the dash but I would love the navigation,streaming audio and retention of the bose system. Granted its not oem and from Ali Express😉 but I'm willing to try it. This does come with a GPS antenna?
Yes it does come with a GPS antenna, I use it with the Google maps I downloaded onto the unit though it’s probably superfluous with the CarPlay wireless Apple dongle which I bought from Avin separately as it mirrors my IPhone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ah I see, very nice! This is exciting! I see you have to let them know the make, model,year of production and a picture of your dash. Is there anything else you remember specifically that one would need to provide them? Thank you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ah I see, very nice! This is exciting! I see you have to let them know the make, model,year of production and a picture of your dash. Is there anything else you remember specifically that one would need to provide them? Thank you!
i would specifically state your Murano year, radio trim level (Navi/no Navi), Bose if you have it and pictures of your interface. Also mention me, their customer on Ali (my handle is “Tom Colon”), and ask they provide the updated manual. I provided PLENTY of pics for them.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts