Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do have factory Bose and I haven’t noticed a thing in the way of degradation or speakers suddenly not working. It even has its own internal equalizer and loudness button, haha. I’ll be driving it around more over the next week and report back. I will say though that if you buy from them make sure they incorporate all of the information I had to give them as I worked my way through installation, as the manual was almost nonexistent. It’s a fairly straightforward transferring of 5 of the 8 plugs from the oem unit to the android.
This is probably what I'm most interested in. Any degradation of sound or power of the stereo system?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok so one thing I noticed today. Apparently only the front speakers are working (I counted 5, all working), and it wasn’t immediately noticeable because the sound is good. I had no sound before I worked through the issue with them, I had to run a power wire to the amp because it wasn’t included it in the harness (they’re correcting the issue with future harnesses). I’m thinking there is may be a separate power wire out for the rear speakers but I’ll find out soon enough. I sent the info to the engineers at the company to identify the issue.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok so one thing I noticed today. Apparently only the front speakers are working (I counted 5, all working), and it wasn’t immediately noticeable because the sound is good. I had no sound before I worked through the issue with them, I had to run a power wire to the amp because it wasn’t included it in the harness (they’re correcting the issue with future harnesses). I’m thinking there is may be a separate power wire out for the rear speakers but I’ll find out soon enough. I sent the info to the engineers at the company to identify the issue.
Still not bad, just to clarify all the speakers except for the rear subwoofers are working and thats most likely because the harness provided with the unit neglected an amp turn-on wire which is typically blue in color with aftermarket harnesses. Please let us know if you have any issue getting it to work after installing the new wire. I just purchased this unit myself and am looking forward to having it . How long did it take to receive?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Still not bad, just to clarify all the speakers except for the rear subwoofers are working and thats most likely because the harness provided with the unit neglected an amp turn-on wire which is typically blue in color with aftermarket harnesses. Please let us know if you have any issue getting it to work after installing the new wire. I just purchased this unit myself and am looking forward to having it . How long did it take to receive?
About two weeks all in. Yep it’s MILES better than the 12 year old oem garbage that was there before.

·
Registered
166 Posts
About two weeks all in. Yep it’s MILES better than the 12 year old oem garbage that was there before.
I appreciate all your help! Lol the OEM really is garbage. Sturdy, but garbage when compared to the scalability of later models. The OEM unit was what I consider a transitional piece where maybe the tech wasn't there yet but still tried to make sense in its own way. But yeah, garbage by today's standards. Thanks again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I appreciate all your help! Lol the OEM really is garbage. Sturdy, but garbage when compared to the scalability of later models. The OEM unit was what I consider a transitional piece where maybe the tech wasn't there yet but still tried to make sense in its own way. But yeah, garbage by today's standards. Thanks again!
No problem. The radio unit has 7 plugs, two remain disconnected after plugging in the 5 Android plugs. There is an additional white box below the radio unit, with one plug. Do NOT disconnect that plug (see pic), I think it connects to the OBD2 canbus system. I did and had to resolve an airbag and SES light. Not fun.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey tomsmurano just an update: So I just received the unit and discovered there is absolutely zero wiring diagram. I know you stated this before, but did they send "anything" with yours? Lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey tomsmurano just an update: So I just received the unit and discovered there is absolutely zero wiring diagram. I know you stated this before, but did they send "anything" with yours? Lol
No, but you can ask them directly in the chat and they’ll send it. Or shoot me Your email and I’ll Send what they originally gave me though I suspect it’s updated now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do you know anywhere that I can find, buy or download the oem factory head unit wiring diagrams? I know I may not need these to simply plug and play this unit, but I like to know what each wire does incase I do have any issues. I know of alldata and others but nothing that is specific to just car audio oem diagrams that are reputable.? I am an electrician, so I have OCD when it comes to knowing what each wire is supposed to do lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts
So I installed the unit and I have no sound or a/c controls operating on the screen. The a/c works but doesn't change anything on the screen. Did you ever find a work around for this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I installed the unit and I have no sound or a/c controls operating on the screen. The a/c works but doesn't change anything on the screen. Did you ever find a work around for this?
Same issue with the AC. I am supposed to provide a pin out diagram of the plug marked
#12 but its been too cold to work in NY. The control to enable the AC screen is supposed to be there. I’ll send it soon.

For the sound I tapped into this and routed it to power on the on/off button. I can provide a pic for you when I open her up again in the next day or two, but it’s a brown wire. Use a tester otherwise on the start stop plug and you’ll find it.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also bought an Avin CarPlay wireless
Dongle and I’m using it with the Unit, transforms it completely if you have an IPhone. I had to buy a tiny microphone for a few bucks since the unit doesn’t come with one.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts