Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok thanks! On a separate note, did you have to drill a hole where the antenna would rest in order to mount the display? Or did you even plug that into the display? It appeared to me that I didn't need the antenna plugged into the display. The antenna harness that came in the kit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok thanks! On a separate note, did you have to drill a hole where the antenna would rest in order to mount the display? Or did you even plug that into the display? It appeared to me that I didn't need the antenna plugged into the display. The antenna harness that came in the kit.
I forgot about this but yes I wound up snipping a hole in there with a pair of wire cutters so it would sit flush.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just incase you or anyone needs this
Pin out for a 2010 murano bose without navi.
Looks like pin#7 on CN101 can have a jumper to pin#10 on CN3 for sound to work. I am still researching the abbreviations used to find the a/c controls pins.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Also just got these instructions to power the rear speakers, I will try tomorrow. Hopefully after this the only remaining issue will be the AC screen controls.
Lol I'm starting to think they sent us a harness for a murano that has a base model stereo and not a bose without navigation. I am surprised though that they are willing to help, that says a lot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There is also two squakers up front by the windshield in the corners and a center speaker on top of front dash above display. I've been reading the service manual

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thats awesome Tom! Thank you for the great pictures too! I'll be taking my dash apart today while waiting for the delivery of a pin extractor kit. Will report back, Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know you said you left two harnesses unplugged from the head unit. I plugged those two back into their original locations on the head unit when I originally installed the new display.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Okay so update here. Im still in the middle of troubleshooting, but I have to power going to amp and all 7 normal speakers working. The .1 subwoofers are not working and I have negative feedback snow sound when nothing playing. The front door speakers are playing what the subwoofer should be playing as they sound like mostly bass or low pass when compared to rear door speakers. I believe the white and white w/black stripe should be switched with the gray and gray w/black stripe. Not sure on this, I will report back. Sounds not good when compared to stock sound.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Okay so update here. Im still in the middle of troubleshooting, but I have to power going to amp and all 7 normal speakers working. The .1 subwoofers are not working and I have negative feedback snow sound when nothing playing. The front door speakers are playing what the subwoofer should be playing as they sound like mostly bass or low pass when compared to rear door speakers. I believe the white and white w/black stripe should be switched with the gray and gray w/black stripe. Not sure on this, I will report back. Sounds not good when compared to stock sound.
I will use this aftermarket wire diagram for speaker location and re pin the connector and report back. Maybe the whit and gray wires need to be swapped with the purple and green in some variation.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I will use this aftermarket wire diagram for speaker location and re pin the connector and report back. Maybe the whit and gray wires need to be swapped with the purple and green in some variation. View attachment 52669
Okay I have finished with the sound. First of all the speaker harness pinout (that came with the harness) is pinned incorrectly. This is how it should look on both sides.(Disregard the blue and red esp. if you bugged switched power to feed amp turnon)pay attention to the black stripe for each speaker as it is the negative and correspond with connector M132 on diagram below.

These are some of the diagrams I used from the service manual to re-terminate pins and use multimeter anywhere in the circuit.

Once everything is re-pinned correctly and you have sound in the correct locations, use the bass enhancer setting in equalizer setting and change both settings to 172hz and scroll up to achieve more subwoofer response. Now it should start sounding like it did before the new screen installation.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Okay I have finished with the sound. First of all the speaker harness pinout (that came with the harness) is pinned incorrectly. This is how it should look on both sides.(Disregard the blue and red esp. if you bugged switched power to feed amp turnon)pay attention to the black stripe for each speaker as it is the negative and correspond with connector M132 on diagram below. View attachment 52671 View attachment 52672
These are some of the diagrams I used from the service manual to re-terminate pins and use multimeter anywhere in the circuit. View attachment 52673 View attachment 52674 View attachment 52675 View attachment 52676
Once everything is re-pinned correctly and you have sound in the correct locations, use the bass enhancer setting in equalizer setting and change both settings to 172hz and scroll up to achieve more subwoofer response. Now it should start sounding like it did before the new screen installation. View attachment 52677 View attachment 52678 View attachment 52679 View attachment 52680

·
Registered
171 Posts
Still working on ac control display on screen. Will service manual for this as well as wait to hear back from engineer on suggestions

41 - 60 of 103 Posts