Nissan Murano Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh ok how did you get the climate settings?
Spoke to the factory, and they gave me the info. The code is 3368. Once you change the factory settings, reboot the device (pull down from the top of the screen with your finger and the menu will appear in the far right). After booting, just press the power on the climate controls and the buttons will all work.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It worked
Spoke to the factory, and they gave me the info. The code is 3368. Once you change the factory settings, reboot the device (pull down from the top of the screen with your
Spoke to the factory, and they gave me the info. The code is 3368. Once you change the factory settings, reboot the device (pull down from the top of the screen with your finger and the menu will appear in the far right). After booting, just press the power on the climate controls and the buttons will all work.
It worked thank you! I can put the car back together now lmao. That was something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It worked

It worked thank you! I can put the car back together now lmao. That was something.
Enjoy! If you decide you want to add in an Avin CarPlay dongle later you can route a USB plug all the way to the bottom under the climate controls. Very easy to pull off the bottom panel, plug in and close.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just checking in Tom. Was curious if you hear a snowy sound coming from the speakers with nothing playing? Not sure if the canbus is exactly set for the Bose.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just checking in Tom. Was curious if you hear a snowy sound coming from the speakers with nothing playing? Not sure if the canbus is exactly set for the Bose.
Yes. From what I remember you’ll have to adjust the onboard volume controls on the Android as it is turned up. When I got it working the radio would turn all full blast and had that loud hissing noise until I adjusted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys have done some amazing work getting this stereo working. I have a couple of questions for you. I have a 2011 Murano SV. I don't have navigation or Bose. However, the layout of the controls for the stereo and the climate is the same as Bose. I thought I could just get what I needed from Crutchfield to replace the stereo, same as I did for my 2002 Maxima. On Crutchfield's site, it shows a warning that the factory speakers are 2 ohm and that you should replace your speakers or use an external amp to preserve the life of your stereo.

1. If I'm seeing this correctly, the unit that you guys installed provides no power, correct? It still uses the factory provided amplifier and android just takes over all of the input functions, right?

2. Even though I don't have Bose, I have the same Bose control layout with two knobs for the stereo and two knobs for the climate control. Crutchfield misses that target with their configurator. The kit they recommend doesn't work because it's only available if the climate controls are above the stereo, which they are not on my model. Basically, my layout is identical to Bose, but there is no Bose badging and no 6 disc changer moniker on the front. I found on the same ali express seller you used a listing for one that fits 2010, 2011, 2012, etc. Do you think I will have less trouble than you guys did since I'm only dealing with 6 total speakers? (4 in the doors and two tweeters on the corners of the front dash).

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would say I'm not sure. If you provide them all of the information such as what model, year,a picture of a the dash, without bose and with/or without navigation. They should be able to send the correct harness. Everything mostly works off the can bus and I believe the screen has its own amplifier im not sure. Nothing was still attached to the old head unit when I was done. They are supposed to set the code for the canbus decoder at the factory based off your vehicle before they send it. Ours had to be set differently to work all the functions after install. Maybe they didn't set it right but provided us with the factory code to change those decoder box settings for the ac to display. My control knows dont work from the old stereo but was able to program the steering wheel controls. Our bose system should be 2 ohm as well, for some reason I'm thinking yours isn't 2 ohm but 4 ohm since you say you don't have bose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would say I'm not sure. If you provide them all of the information such as what model, year,a picture of a the dash, without bose and with/or without navigation. They should be able to send the correct harness. Everything mostly works off the can bus and I believe the screen has its own amplifier im not sure. Nothing was still attached to the old head unit when I was done. They are supposed to set the code for the canbus decoder at the factory based off your vehicle before they send it. Ours had to be set differently to work all the functions after install. Maybe they didn't set it right but provided us with the factory code to change those decoder box settings for the ac to display. My control knows dont work from the old stereo but was able to program the steering wheel controls. Our bose system should be 2 ohm as well, for some reason I'm thinking yours isn't 2 ohm but 4 ohm since you say you don't have bose.
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping the unit was just an input device and not an amplifier so that the speaker differences wouldn't make a difference.

When I tried to configure through Crutchfield, I checked no to navigation and no to Bose and got the two ohm warning. I got the same warning when I checked no to navigation and yes to Bose, so maybe all stereos are using two ohm speakers. I did a call with a sales person who checked with tech support and they seem to think it's 2 ohm. Then again, they are wrong about the dash kit with their configuration machine, so who knows. What I do know is that there is only one set of front speaker outputs that goes to a crossover somewhere in the dash to split between the tweeters and the front door speakers, but no one knows where that is. I was looking to bypass the tweeters altogether and just run two way door speakers as the tweeters are very hard to get to while the windshield is in place. The only pinout for the stereo I could find is here and it's supposedly for a 2011-2014 stereo. Nissan Murano (2011-2014) AM FM CD Radio Receiver pinout.

I have this arriving today: Nissan Infiniti Car Bluetooth Adapter, Digital Car Stereo Aux Interface with USB Charging 3.5mm Audio Music Input Port for 350Z, Almera, Almera Tino, Maxima,Murano, Pathfinder 1995-2011 (BTA-NIS). But, I'm dubious because almost every device like this cuts off with the 2010 model. This one says it will work with up to 2011 with no CD changer and no navigation. We'll see. It would be nice to be able to stream audio. I believe that streaming was available with all trim levels above SV in 2011. I didn't want to pony up the extra $3k at the time for leather, heated seats, and the stereo upgrade. I really would love to have Android Audio though and that's what you have now. I put in a replacement stereo in my 2002 Maxima and was able to do it there. Hard to go back.

Here is a neat mod that someone did on a 2009 with Bose. They moved the built in screen to the top of the dash and mounted the new stereo in the hole left behind.
Looks like too much work for me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can always install new speakers and a cross over. You can also wire two 2x 2 ohm speakers together in series for 4 ohms on each channel. I can look at the service manual later and paste the applicable section for locations of devices in the sound system on an exploded diagram for you with pinout diagrams as well. You can definitely intercept two speakers and wire them in series with the positive and negative for that channel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
With the diagram you can locate where else all the speakers meet at a "crossover"(if there is one) and wire two speakers in series for each channel. There are 4 channels total obv. And 6x speakers(on your system) So you might end up abandoning one channel and having less wattage use but it would work. Or you could abandon the current system all together and put in 4x new speakers at the correct output ohm value while intercepting where they all meet. Bypassing any stock amp or crossover.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts