Nissan Murano Forum banner
81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can always install new speakers and a cross over. You can also wire two 2x 2 ohm speakers together in series for 4 ohms on each channel. I can look at the service manual later and paste the applicable section for locations of devices in the sound system on an exploded diagram for you with pinout diagrams as well. You can definitely intercept two speakers and wire them in series with the positive and negative for that channel.
So, I guess you could wire the fronts and rears together as just the fronts or the rears and move the fader all the way to the front or back, respectively, to create a four ohm load. I hadn't thought of that. But, you'd have to run wires all the way from front to back to do it. Might as well replace the speakers if you're opening up the doors anyway. I'd be interested in seeing that wiring diagram to see where the fronts split apart in the dash. Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Most of the time they put that kind of stuff in the back under the rear seat and accessible from the spare tire area. If you bypass the crossover/stock amp there, than no wire is ran at all. ill get you the service manual info though or you can also find it at nissan-techinfo.com and pay $20 for a 1 day subscription to view/download the service manual. If you do the subscription, make sure you use internet explorer as your browser. From there you can open up each section seperately and download to a new folder on your computer. The section you would be looking for is called AV.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Impressive. Surprised they still sell this for a model that has been out of production for 7 years. 5 years ago, I would have jumped on this in a minute, but at my advanced age (88), and the fact that I drive less than 5K miles/yr, I just can't justify it.
BTW: Isn't the C to F temp setting in the steup menu?
How do you connect to the internet?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Impressive. Surprised they still sell this for a model that has been out of production for 7 years. 5 years ago, I would have jumped on this in a minute, but at my advanced age (88), and the fact that I drive less than 5K miles/yr, I just can't justify it.
You would think the c to f setting would be in the menu and it probably is, however they must like to hide it lol. You tether to your phones hotspot for internet.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
At 88 you shouldn't have to justify it, you deserve it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Most of the time they put that kind of stuff in the back under the rear seat and accessible from the spare tire area. If you bypass the crossover/stock amp there, than no wire is ran at all. ill get you the service manual info though or you can also find it at nissan-techinfo.com and pay $20 for a 1 day subscription to view/download the service manual. If you do the subscription, make sure you use internet explorer as your browser. From there you can open up each section seperately and download to a new folder on your computer. The section you would be looking for is called AV.
Ok base audio model here it comes im finding them now so I will keep adding more.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like based off those pics I uploaded, all of your speakers tie in at the head unit. The squakers are in parallel with the front door speakers each. View attachment 52745
To achieve 4 ohms in the front door and front sqwuaker(for each side) you would have to find where they tie together in parallel and change them to series (ie one positive from one speaker to the negative of the other speaker). Then door that for each front side and the just the rear door speakers can tie in series at the head unit. Your balance and fade would be slightly off, but who really uses those settings on the tuner lol?

·
Registered
311 Posts
To achieve 4 ohms in the front door and front sqwuaker(for each side) you would have to find where they tie together in parallel and change them to series (ie one positive from one speaker to the negative of the other speaker). Then door that for each front side and the just the rear door speakers can tie in series at the head unit. Your balance and fade would be slightly off, but who really uses those settings on the tuner lol?
This is all, if your speakers are truly 2ohm and if they sounded like crap if/when you decided to do the new screen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It worked

It worked thank you! I can put the car back together now lmao. That was something.
Also, this fix to change Celsius to Fahrenheit hasn’t worked for me but it may for you. Go into the Factory Mode Menu, type in 3368 and then go to “Original Car Agreement”, then scroll down to “Temperature Unit Switch”. This should allow you to switch the reading to Fahrenheit.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks Tom. I tried that before and it didn't work for me either. I've read other forums where this is common mostly due to where its made and their most used unit of measurement. We are stuck in the metric system lol jk!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have no idea what the new screen amplifier output is, whether 2 ohm, 4ohm, 6ohm or 8ohm. I will say that most aftermarket head units come with higher outputs, not sure if thats the case here.
2nd Gen, thanks for all the information that you've posted for me. I have a query in with the AliExpress seller about the impedence of the stereo and what not. Have to see if I have the time and energy to put this together. Again, thanks a lot for the information!

81 - 100 of 137 Posts