Nissan Murano Forum banner
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
2nd Gen, thanks for all the information that you've posted for me. I have a query in with the AliExpress seller about the impedence of the stereo and what not. Have to see if I have the time and energy to put this together. Again, thanks a lot for the information!
No problem, hope it helps. I forgot to mention the use of a crossover in the front to add the sqwaukers in if all the speakers get upgraded. Also, the screen does come with an pretty decent equalizer setting menu with all the frequency gauges, you can set the time alignment for all the speakers. Almost like having a DSP. I aimed for a target curve on the equalizer and my next small project is tuning in the time alignment in. Good luck!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes. From what I remember you’ll have to adjust the onboard volume controls on the Android as it is turned up. When I got it working the radio would turn all full blast and had that loud hissing noise until I adjusted.
Just an update tomsmurano!
In order for the hiss to go away, I had to install a "Line Out Converter" at the stock amp. I did this by interrupting all 4 speaker channels with the "LOC" going into the stock amp from the new screen. I did this at the stock amp. Its worth every penny because I thought the speakers sounded good before, but they sound crystal clear now. No noise at all whatsoever. Ill attach pics.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What was happening is that the new screen had high outputs. Those outputs were actually "low" outputs with the stock head unit. With the aftermarket screen installed, it was pushing high amplified signals to the stock amplifier(which amplified that signal once again). The new screen does not have any "preamp" outputs(like on some Double-din aftermarket head units with the rca looking jacks), so we have to use the normal speaker wire outputs from the new screen and bring those back down to low outputs before they go into the stock bose amp. We do this with the use of an "LOC". Once installed you will really notice a huge difference, I feel like I have my cars audio system back and am finally done tweaking it around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi tomsmurano and 2ndGenMaintainer...fantastic work and thanks a lot for sharing all that.
After going through this thread I feel quite confident now to do the procedure on my own murano.
I just wanted to confirm few things I couldn't find in above posts...
Does the reverse camera on the new unit function exactly as factory one INCLUDING the orange predictive course lines which change with steering position (as shown in the diagram from manual and photo)?

Also which version of Android does the unit come with?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I believe its either Android 9 or 10. Couldn't get much information on that.
The reverse camera does have the same track lines. The new screen does come with its own style lines dubbed over the original lines, however I was able to make them disappear through settings to keep the factory tracking lines. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BTW the existing physical camera on the car stays and is integrated into the new screen. Predictive course lines and all. Just have to make the new screens overlapping lines disappear.
Thanks a lot for the info. Appreciate it.
What about the buttons like volume knob, the rotary dial in the centre of the top dashboard with arrow and enter keys etc...do they work at all? Can volume for call and media be still controlled via the knob?
And are there equivalent options in the new unit for the existing settings e.g. in the below images. These are not very useful so not a deal-breaker if these are lost, but good to know and have after the upgrade.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So the top display control buttons and the old radio buttons no longer work, however the steering wheel controls(SWC) still work. You will just have to program each button in the settings (its easy). The climate control buttons still work and display on the screen thanks to the canbus decoder box that comes with the screen. As far as the fuel economy,maintenance, illumination controls I haven't checked on. I would assume those controls are somewhere within the android apps, settings. I dont personally miss using any of those buttons or dials at all. Everything I need is usable on the steering wheel. I also make good use of the mic the mic with my Amazon music app. I've heared of Google android auto app but the reviews are mixed. To be honest, I never really used the Bluetooth calling even before the new screen but it does still work I believe haven't tried yet. I'll report back on some of these.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No problem! If you need any service manual info let me know. Taking the dash apart is a little counter intuitive, ill upload the info on that later today. Basically, the drivers side has to come apart including the instrument panel bezel cover(not the actual instrument panel, just the cover) in order to get the A/C vent cover bezel(the one the covers the screen) off without breaking it. It helps a lot to have those trim panel remover tools.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No problem! If you need any service manual info let me know. Taking the dash apart is a little counter intuitive, ill upload the info on that later today. Basically, the drivers side has to come apart including the instrument panel bezel cover(not the actual instrument panel, just the cover) in order to get the A/C vent cover bezel(the one the covers the screen) off without breaking it. It helps a lot to have those trim panel remover tools.
Thanks a lot again...
You are right about taking out the dash being counter intuitive. While my unit is in transit, I am practicing that :). I do have trim panel remover tools.
Last time i was able to take out everything except the panel covering the screen.

This weekend i will try again and go for the screen as well.
That reminds me, do you know if this model has anti-theft lock code for radio? I did totally disconnect the radio/climate control unit (as seen in the pic above) and put it back, no lock code was asked. Not sure if lock code will get triggered after I disconnect the screen. Any idea?

·
Registered
311 Posts
This will be really helpful. Please find time to upload the info.
Thanks.
I put numbers next to the pictures to arrange them step by step. The important thing is that you cant get to step 11 and 12 without doing the preceeding steps entirely. You will know what I mean when you get there. Also, be careful removing the AC vent bezel covering the screen. If removed too forcefully, it can gouge on the leather dash directly above it because of the clips on it. The instrument panel "cover" has to be removed in order to remove the AC vent bezel cover, or you will break the bezel. Yes I broke mine and had to get the last one available on ebay to replace it. Its not as hard as it may sound if you follow the instructions. Good luck and if you need anything ill check back regularly.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks a lot again...
You are right about taking out the dash being counter intuitive. While my unit is in transit, I am practicing that :). I do have trim panel remover tools.
Last time i was able to take out everything except the panel covering the screen.
View attachment 52916
This weekend i will try again and go for the screen as well.
That reminds me, do you know if this model has anti-theft lock code for radio? I did totally disconnect the radio/climate control unit (as seen in the pic above) and put it back, no lock code was asked. Not sure if lock code will get triggered after I disconnect the screen. Any idea?
There is not any lock code or antitheft control on the radio. Only thing i will say is that if you have that passenger side airbag pilot light disconnected from the harness and then turn on the car for whatever reason, it will throw a code on the dash and display a blinking airbag light and you would have to use a code scanner to clear that later. Also, if you have a model with the bose system, you will need a Line Output Converter. Check this thread for details on the install for that. Lastly, if you have never tuned a car stereo you will be able to have fun with this because there are a lot of options. I researched tuning car stereo on YouTube and specifically "target curves".

101 - 120 of 137 Posts