Nissan Murano Forum banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put numbers next to the pictures to arrange them step by step. The important thing is that you cant get to step 11 and 12 without doing the preceeding steps entirely. You will know what I mean when you get there. Also, be careful removing the AC vent bezel covering the screen. If removed too forcefully, it can gouge on the leather dash directly above it because of the clips on it. The instrument panel "cover" has to be removed in order to remove the AC vent bezel cover, or you will break the bezel. Yes I broke mine and had to get the last one available on ebay to replace it. Its not as hard as it may sound if you follow the instructions. Good luck and if you need anything ill check back regularly.
Thanks a lot.
Gonna give it a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I did not have any anti theft lock on mine, but I did turn the car on with that passenger air bag harness disconnected down low. It tripped a code for that and disabled it. I have a "Bluedriver" dongle so I cleared all codes after the install was complete.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here's the LOC I used in the trunk space by the bose amp. If you go back in this thread you will see i uploaded images of the pinouts for the amp. I used the pinouts to install the loc correctly. It was relatively easy and I stripped back as much of the existing tape on the harness going into the amp, in order to get slack on the wires. Glad I did because it revealed each pair of speaker cables seperately. I stripped the sheath back on each one to gain even more slack and just rolled the bare shield wire around the pair and taped it there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here's the LOC I used in the trunk space by the bose amp. If you go back in this thread you will see i uploaded images of the pinouts for the amp. I used the pinouts to install the loc correctly. It was relatively easy and I stripped back as much of the existing tape on the harness going into the amp, in order to get slack on the wires. Glad I did because it revealed each pair of speaker cables seperately. I stripped the sheath back on each one to gain even more slack and just rolled the bare shield wire around the pair and taped it there.
View attachment 52924 View attachment 52925

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put numbers next to the pictures to arrange them step by step. The important thing is that you cant get to step 11 and 12 without doing the preceeding steps entirely. You will know what I mean when you get there. Also, be careful removing the AC vent bezel covering the screen. If removed too forcefully, it can gouge on the leather dash directly above it because of the clips on it. The instrument panel "cover" has to be removed in order to remove the AC vent bezel cover, or you will break the bezel. Yes I broke mine and had to get the last one available on ebay to replace it. Its not as hard as it may sound if you follow the instructions. Good luck and if you need anything ill check back regularly.
So today I was successful in taking apart the whole unit including display and put it all back together.
I started by following the sequence from the manual you kindly shared above...but in the end i ended up doing steps in this order: 5,6,7,8,9,10, 4, 11,12.
ie when you are ready to remove the AC vent bezel, then first pull back the instrument panel cover just enough to let the AC vent cover out..and hold it there by putting some tool behind it. The AC vent cover has a tab that is covered by instrument panel cover which must be released by pulling out the instrument panel slightly.
Adjust steering column to make some room for instrument panel cover.
Steps 1,2 and 3 are not required if we just need to replace the headunit.
I am now more confident that i will be able to do the whole installation on my own.

·
Registered
314 Posts
So today I was successful in taking apart the whole unit including display and put it all back together.
I started by following the sequence from the manual you kindly shared above...but in the end i ended up doing steps in this order: 5,6,7,8,9,10, 4, 11,12.
ie when you are ready to remove the AC vent bezel, then first pull back the instrument panel cover just enough to let the AC vent cover out..and hold it there by putting some tool behind it. The AC vent cover has a tab that is covered by instrument panel cover which must be released by pulling out the instrument panel slightly.
Adjust steering column to make some room for instrument panel cover.
Steps 1,2 and 3 are not required if we just need to replace the headunit.
I am now more confident that i will be able to do the whole installation on my own.
Very nice! Good work!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Outstanding works guys! Impressive

Can you clarify what of the 3 control units is redundant with this install?

A Top Multi Function chrome control unit
B Middle Raido Controls
C Lower Air Con Controls

·
Registered
314 Posts
Honestly I don't know. The volume knob is connected to a circuit board and is also a type of multi function switch as it turned on the oem stereo as well as volume control. Since you retain the steering wheel controls which are setup through the canbus decoder box you would have to somehow wire the volume knob in series or parallel or something with it. Even then I dont think it would work even if you figured out how to take a circuit board output and wire it in with the swc. The swc are also programmed controls through the canbus meaning you have to tell the canbus what each switch does on the sw. Not sure why you would need the old stereo controls since you have the swc anyways. I haven't missed them. But I get it sometimes I wonder about things like this too.

·
Registered
314 Posts
got it....

You know how the passenger/wife sometimes reaches out and turns the volume down cos they dont like you choice lol
Now they gotta shout out
Lmao yes now she can't. Its funny because you know dang well that dual climate control was invented for couples. Like there is an invisible wall between you and it actually works to keep the side at different Temps lol. Joke.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Another question

On startup...does it remember if you say had the radio on last before you switched the ignition off, and play the radio station automatically or you have to choose a function from scratch ?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Another question

On startup...does it remember if you say had the radio on last before you switched the ignition off, and play the radio station automatically or you have to choose a function from scratch ?
I believe it does because I use prime music for most of my music listening if not all and it opens right back up to that when I turn the car on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spoke to the factory, and they gave me the info. The code is 3368. Once you change the factory settings, reboot the device (pull down from the top of the screen with your finger and the menu will appear in the far right). After booting, just press the power on the climate controls and the buttons will all work.
How do you change climate to Fahrenheit?

(Edited by mod.)

·
Registered
314 Posts
How do you change climate to Fahrenheit?

(Edited by mod.)
Neither one of us was successful in changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit, even though there is a setting to change this. The temperature range in Celsius is 18-32 degrees. To be honest, I've have learned to live with it and really doesn't bother me at all anymore. Its just Cold to hot anyways.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts