Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
I have a 2013 Nissan Murrano LE (with Bose without navigation), and I’m looking to upgrade my radio to gain Bluetooth audio and perhaps navigation if possible.
I have talked to some car audio installers in my city and this seems like there’s no easy way to do this. The technician told me this is because the audio and temperature controls are both in the radio spot.
Is there any way to accomplish this without making it look like a hack job?
Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
You have to find a company that builds head units that are what they call "integrated". Your talking over $1000 for a new touch screen with navigation just for the part. There are only a couple companies that do this stuff and I tried reaching out to them only for them to tell me they no longer manufacture anything that compatible with nissan or bose systems. They only work for ford gm stuff. I have researched over 13 hrs on this topic and this is the best have come up with. Do not go aftermarket you will have nothing but problems. First the dash kit is a problem I think you can only put a single din in so your options for screens are limited. Then, your bose system, nothing aftermarket is compatible so you would have to install some kind of output line adapter that no one makes. The bose systems receive a low input however all the aftermarket radios put out a high frequency output, hence the adapter. Then you need an adapter for the steering wheel hands free buttons which might be the only thing that you can find for sale for this whole party. Then, it still might not work right ever again. Thanks murano! Problem is that the cars audio system is what they call transitional , meaning most cars hadn't yet adopted the fully loaded options of nav + bluetooth audio and streaming+hands free all in one yet as a standard. Here is a link for the type of integrated system you are looking for. Factory Navigation Systems – GM GMC Cadillac Buick & More

The page says they build units that integrate with nissan but I have a 2010 LE awd "with bose/without navigation" and they dont have anything for me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh and I'll add that in order to go aftermarket "without" some type of output line adapter from head unit to bose factory amp, you will have to replace every speaker in your car that the new aftermarket head unit will use. Your putting in a whole new sound system that will give you nothing but problems like they left front speaker cutout to let you know theres a call coming in on your phone as a basic. Needing a gps antenna installed. It's just a can of worms. And honestly aftermarket is becoming less and less of a viable option with the newer cars, not that we should really be installing this stuff anyways lol. Sorry for the rant but I've done the homework on this lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate your long & detailed response! Thank you!
That’s all pretty unfortunate though. I found NAViKS and NavTool which seem to have some options to add CarPlay , through the video inputs inside the armrest and using an in motion video bypass. (No touch screen though)
Im pretty hesitant to try these options as they’re over $500 USD(I’m Canadian) and I’m nervous to spend that much on something with I’m expecting no after sale support.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This what I ended up buying, sound quality is perfect. And I also purchased an ISP loop ground just incase I experienced any negative feedback which I didnt.

You can find this on amazon brand new. It's as big as an airpod charging case in size and will plug in the center console no wires showing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This what I ended up buying, sound quality is perfect. And I also purchased an ISP loop ground just incase I experienced any negative feedback which I didnt.

You can find this on amazon brand new. It's as big as an airpod charging case in size and will plug in the center console no wires showing.
... ISO ground loop

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting!
forgive me I’m a little noob-ish when it comes to this stuff. So this just adds your phones screen onto your display?
would be helpful for nav but as far as music controls and stuff not so much?
Did you have to get an in motion bypass as well? I tried plugging in my old ps1 with an inverter and as soon as I took my emergency brake off the video signal disconnects.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No this would be strictly streaming audio from your phone much like an aux cord only without the wire going to phone. You would still use your phone to pick songs etc and would just use the aux setting on head unit for the car.I'm thinking about just getting one of those phone stands that articulate around and just using the gps on my phone for navigation. Maybe attach it to the shift lever or one of those stands that fit into the cupholder. I've come to realize I'm not able to get all fancy with the touchscreen navigation and audio streaming in an oem fashion lol. Its gets easier everyday lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I'm not sure if this is still true but back in the day the aftermarket dvdplayer head units came with a pink wire that goes to the parking brake. I took that wire and just wired it to ground to complete the circuit and just completely bypassed that parking brake switch. Not sure if there is some way to do that to the factory wiring without harming the safety system. But I see why they would sell that kit for video in motion. Not try to discourage you from trying to see what you can find to get what you want. I have a 2010 le so maybe your 2013 has something a bit different than mine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts