Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint on the side bumper and hood just started to lift off in random spots. i took it to a certified Nissan body shop for evaluation and they said it was de-laminating. I was advised to call Nissan directly to open up a case for evaluation regarding warranty. Nissan determined this was not under warranty. Both the body shop and service guy thought it was a factory problem and indicated that they just had a Nissan Rogue (same color) come in with the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
7,791 Posts
2013? How many miles? This seems like a rather marginal case, as after 5 years it's pretty hard for anyone to know what insults the paint may have been exposed to.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ive heard and seen many that were refused. It is so simple for them to say it was rock chip problem. My neighbor and I bought a 2009 at same time drive almost exact sale miles and roads to work. Hers peeled and mine was fine. Nissan determined not under warranty due to rock chips. The warranty on paint is a joke.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Actually, Nissan is the joke. Their paint on these Muranos is the worst I’ve ever seen, by far. They should be ashamed.

I will say this. If the garbage paint on my wife’s Murano peels and Nissan denies warranty coverage, it will be our last Nissan.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Actually, Nissan is the joke. Their paint on these Muranos is the worst I’ve ever seen, by far. They should be ashamed.

I will say this. If the garbage paint on my wife’s Murano peels and Nissan denies warranty coverage, it will be our last Nissan.
I guess I am just lucky. I've never had a problem on any of my Nissans. My wifes 2011 Murano has over 105000 miles and the paint still looks great. But it has been garage kept so that may be a reason we have not had a problem.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I guess I am just lucky. I've never had a problem on any of my Nissans. My wifes 2011 Murano has over 105000 miles and the paint still looks great. But it has been garage kept so that may be a reason we have not had a problem.

On the newer model, the paint color and texture on the bumper panels doesn’t match the rest of the car.

Also, if you look them over on the lot, you’ll see defects where the factory ground the defect down and put clear coat over it. They look like really smooth areas with no orange peel compared to the rest of the car. The first one we were going to buy was so bad that the ground down defects left a little crater in the middle and looked terrible. I started really looking and almost all of them had at least one defect like that. My wife’s has one that’s inconspicuous, so we picked it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
On the newer model, the paint color and texture on the bumper panels doesn’t match the rest of the car.

Also, if you look them over on the lot, you’ll see defects where the factory ground the defect down and put clear coat over it. They look like really smooth areas with no orange peel compared to the rest of the car. The first one we were going to buy was so bad that the ground down defects left a little crater in the middle and looked terrible. I started really looking and almost all of them had at least one defect like that. My wife’s has one that’s inconspicuous, so we picked it.

Thanks for the heads-up. I am planning on replacing the 2011 with a 2018 when the 19's come out and now I will pay a lot more attention to the paint before I sign on the dotted line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The paint on the side bumper and hood just started to lift off in random spots. i took it to a certified Nissan body shop for evaluation and they said it was de-laminating. I was advised to call Nissan directly to open up a case for evaluation regarding warranty. Nissan determined this was not under warranty. Both the body shop and service guy thought it was a factory problem and indicated that they just had a Nissan Rogue (same color) come in with the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks for the heads-up. I am planning on replacing the 2011 with a 2018 when the 19's come out and now I will pay a lot more attention to the paint before I sign on the dotted line.
My 2014 Pearl white Murano has started to peel and Nissan corporate told me the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts