Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2014 Nissan Murano with about 80,000 miles. Every time I put the vehicle into drive, the car doesn't engage into drive right away. If I'm on an incline the vehicle will roll back, which is pretty scary. In order to get the vehicle to engage I have to press the accelerator and then the vehicle will engage into drive, this causes the vehicle to buckle violentally. Other times I have to wait for the vehicle to engage into drive by itself, but sometimes this doesn't happen. Once the vehicle is in drive and engaged, the vehicle has no other issues. When putting the vehicle into drive, it doesn't exhibit this same issue.

Anyone ever had this problem or what might be the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
First of, you always have your foot on the brake whenever you are shifting from park. And when on an incline, you don't let go of the brake until you feel you are moving to the desired direction.

I would go to a shop where they can read transmission codes. Or get an app for android that can read those. Search for it in this forum. If this is a new to you car, its possible there are stored transmission codes. Post your findings.

Is the CEL/MIL on?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The Android app CVTz50 can read CVT TCM error codes:

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,311 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2014 Nissan Murano with about 80,000 miles. Every time I put the vehicle into drive, the car doesn't engage into drive right away. If I'm on an incline the vehicle will roll back, which is pretty scary. In order to get the vehicle to engage I have to press the accelerator and then the vehicle will engage into drive, this causes the vehicle to buckle violentally. Other times I have to wait for the vehicle to engage into drive by itself, but sometimes this doesn't happen. Once the vehicle is in drive and engaged, the vehicle has no other issues. When putting the vehicle into drive, it doesn't exhibit this same issue.

Anyone ever had this problem or what might be the problem?

Thanks
Does the indicator on your dashboard say that the car is in drive (i.e. "D") when this happens? Also, how steep of an "incline" are you talking about? Do you park on a hill?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First of, you always have your foot on the brake whenever you are shifting from park. And when on an incline, you don't let go of the brake until you feel you are moving to the desired direction.

I would go to a shop where they can read transmission codes. Or get an app for android that can read those. Search for it in this forum. If this is a new to you car, its possible there are stored transmission codes. Post your findings.

Is the CEL/MIL on?
Sorry I should've explained better. After I put it in drive and let my foot off the brake, the vehicle does not engage, thus it doesn't move at all. If I'm on a small incline, the vehicle starts rolling back if I let my foot off the brake. Only when I tap the accelerator a bit the car then engages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the indicator on your dashboard say that the car is in drive (i.e. "D") when this happens? Also, how steep of an "incline" are you talking about? Do you park on a hill?
Yes, the indicator does show the vehicle in "D" when this happens. Not a steep incline at all. I don't park on a hill.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes, the indicator does show the vehicle in "D" when this happens. Not a steep incline at all. I don't park on a hill.
When on a level surface, does the car start to roll forward if you let your foot off the brake pedal after shifting into Drive (without pushing the accelerator pedal)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When on a level surface, does the car start to roll forward if you let your foot off the brake pedal after shifting into Drive (without pushing the accelerator pedal)?
On a level surface, when putting the car into drive and letting off the brake, the car does not foll forward at all till I press the accelerator. After I press the accelerator, the car engages and rolls forward. This issue does not happen when I put the car in reverse.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
On a level surface, when putting the car into drive and letting off the brake, the car does not foll forward at all till I press the accelerator. After I press the accelerator, the car engages and rolls forward. This issue does not happen when I put the car in reverse.
I'd suggest checking the fluid level first to make sure it isn't low. There's a procedure in the service manual for your car (see the "Maintenance" section): https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

If the fluid level is normal, you may want to get the aforementioned CVTz50 app to make sure there aren't any transmission-related trouble codes (esp. for line pressure).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can someone recommend the best bluetooth/WiFi adapter ELM327. It looks like the app CVTz50 requires v1.5 or lower of the ELM237.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts