Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My liftgate is stuck open on my 2015. I can’t manually pull it down. It’s “locked”. Using power it clicks and rotates the hinges a fraction of an inch.
any idea how to get this working?
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Bicycle Bicycle frame Automotive tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle tire

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The thing I would try first is starting the car and trying all four open/close buttons/sensors to see if any of them will close the hatch (key fob, driver's side button, hatch button, kick sensor). If no success, I'd pull the fuse/relay to the hatch and see if it's blown/bad. I then might disconnect the battery leads for a minute, then reconnect to see if that reset Aslo take a look at the electrical connection at the hatch to see if a wire is visibly pinched or cut.

Short of finding some kind of manual override on the hatch, if I needed to drive the car now, I would unseat each piston where it bolts to the hatch, and leave the lower bolts intact. This should allow the hatch to close freely, but I'm not sure if the latching mechanism will still work. On that note, you might want to carefully inspect the latching mechanism to make sure nothing is caught in it, creating a jam, and causing the system to enter some kind of safe mode where the hatch is prevent form working. If the hatch won't latch, you could use rope or a bungee to the back seat headrest or elsewhere to at least prevent the hatch from opening while driving. If you do this, keep all the windows closed, and don't have kids, pets or things you don't want to lose in the rear cargo area, just in case...

·
Administrator
9,763 Posts
A brief thought: check fuses.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If it's trying to move then it has power. One or both of them may be jammed, even without power, you should be able to move it up and down by hand. I would prop the door up, or since it's in the garage you might be able to hang/ support the door from above. Remove the actuators from the door end then operate the switch, and see if one moves and the other does not. If that's the case you will at least know which one to replace. It looks like from the dealer they are $450-500 On eBay about $250.

Remove the bad one and secure the working one against the body in the recess above the tail light screw cover so it does not flop around or just remove both of them until you can acquire a replacement. After the extended actuators are out of the way you can lower the door by hand, once the lock mechanism feels the latch on the body it will secure itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts