Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning All,
I have found a lot of information related to roof cross bars installation.

Dealer’s part department is not sure if cross bars can be installed on Platinum with Tech Pkg and panoramic sun roof.

Very strange because on the roof there are rails already preinstalled.

This Nissan dealer has cross bars and no restrictions. And it show as fits on my trim and year.

https://www.nissanpartsdiscounted.com/oem-parts/nissan-roof-crossbars-silver-999r1c3501

My question is, did any of you recently have cross bars installed on Mo with Tech Pkg + panoramic sun roof?
How easy was the process?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
One dealer I visited had cross bars as an option for 2017 and 2018 models with the panoramic moon roof. Combined MSRP for installation was ~ $450. ~$325 in parts and $115 in labor if I recall correctly. This was in the Atlanta metro.

These prices were on their massive 60" touchscreen selector. The 2015 is the same mechanically, right?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One dealer I visited had cross bars as an option for 2017 and 2018 models with the panoramic moon roof. Combined MSRP for installation was ~ $450. ~$325 in parts and $115 in labor if I recall correctly. This was in the Atlanta metro.

These prices were on their massive 60" touchscreen selector. The 2015 is the same mechanically, right?

I think there are no changes in roof construction.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a 16' SL with moonroof and had the crossbars installed in september. $460 Canadian installed. No interference from the roof or any issues from wind noise (the real reason the crossbars were not recommended with the moonroof) according to my 55 year old ears

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 16' SL with moonroof and had the crossbars installed in september. $460 Canadian installed. No interference from the roof or any issues from wind noise (the real reason the crossbars were not recommended with the moonroof) according to my 55 year old ears

Did you ask dealer to install it? Do you have work order papers? If so, can you look at the parts numbers list?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dand, my crossbars (silver) had the part number 999R1-C3501
List price $415.37 plus tax. Service manager installed free of charge in less than 30 minutes. He also returned the cover plates from the roof rails that needed to be removed to install the cross bars.
Its possible that the part numbeer is Canadian specific. Not sure. Hope this helps
Cheers, Brian

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dand, my crossbars (silver) had the part number 999R1-C3501
List price $415.37 plus tax. Service manager installed free of charge in less than 30 minutes. He also returned the cover plates from the roof rails that needed to be removed to install the cross bars.
Its possible that the part numbeer is Canadian specific. Not sure. Hope this helps
Cheers, Brian

Thank you Brian, it is the right part number for silver one.
Just to be sure they installed them on Platinum with Tach Pkg and Panoramic roof.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I’ll sell you mine for $200 if you’re in Southern California. Makes a lot of wind noise with a ski rack and skis or boards on it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you have a step stool and a set of torx head screwdrivers, you will have no problem
Not quite that easy if it's a new install. Please read the following Dealer Installation PDF:

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/U/T/1UT9.PDF

First time install requires that the roof rails be remove and cut-outs performed. Please read the PDF before buying the rails to install yourself. If I needed them, I can install them myself, but it's really not a bolt on placement the first time.

Just a general FYI:

Go to this web site:

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmIndex.aspx?tsbType=AI

Put in Murano for the "Model" and the Nissan part number, with a space instead of the dash, in the "Keyword/Part no." location. A list of Dealer Installations PDF's will be listed. Save it to your computer and print it whenever you need it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not quite that easy if it's a new install. Please read the following Dealer Installation PDF:

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/U/T/1UT9.PDF

First time install requires that the roof rails be remove and cut-outs performed. Please read the PDF before buying the rails to install yourself. If I needed them, I can install them myself, but it's really not a bolt on placement the first time.

Just a general FYI:

Go to this web site:

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmIndex.aspx?tsbType=AI

Put in Murano for the "Model" and the Nissan part number, with a space instead of the dash, in the "Keyword/Part no." location. A list of Dealer Installations PDF's will be listed. Save it to your computer and print it whenever you need it.

Hope this helps.

I was afraid of this. Really don’t know why Nissan overcomplicated a simple thing.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I was afraid of this. Really don’t know why Nissan overcomplicated a simple thing.

I believe that Nissan really believed that their targeted demographics would not want/need roof cross bars. I also believe that this was taken into consideration during the design of keeping the roof profile low. Roof Cross Bars were an after thought when they started getting complaints from customers. Design and implementation was sourced out to third company, not done in-house by Nissan.

Roof cross bars stick out like a sore thumb on the 2015+ Murano's! Nice if you need them.

I had them on my 2003 Murano LS and used a Large cargo carrier for vacations, but the side rails are so high that the roof cross bars don't show up that much. I really don't want to mess with the look of the car with the way the roof rails are so low on the 2015+ Murano's.

Just my two cents worth anyway.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not quite that easy if it's a new install.
First time install requires that the roof rails be removed and cut-outs performed.
My dealer's service manager did not remove the rails to install my crossbars. He climbed up on the step-stool with an industrial box cutter and cut the tiny section of roof rail that needed to be removed, then handed me the plastic covers that exposed the location to install the rails. He said that they would not fit as tightly as before, but would still fit if I took the rails off in the future.

If you are doing this yourself, I would definitely follow PaulDay's advice and watch as many Youtube videos as possible before tackling the install

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 Nissan Murano SL with Technology package

This has been a ridiculous wild goose chase trying to determine if the Roof Rail Crossbars part# 999R1-C3501 can be installed on my vehicle. When you read description for part number it mentions this part will fit both SL and Platinum models WITHOUT TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE! So if you have the technology package WHY will the part not work. I even tried calling the Nissan Consumer Affairs number and was given the run around like they didn't have a clue and were not willing to search for a valid answer.

Please respond if you've installed these on year 2015-2019 with Technology package on vehicle.

Any recommendations for after market roof rails?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe the technology pkg’s don’t include the roof rails? Idk. Probably ought to just drive down to your local dealership and look at cars with and with out the pkg’s.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This highlights one of my biggest complaints with almost every manufacturer: Why is the moon roof included in the tech package? The moon roof should always be a stand alone option. It's just another way to sell a high dollar option many don't want but have to buy in order to get the tech package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 Nissan Murano SL with Technology package

From threads I've read I believe you can install the roof rail crossbars on 2015 and newer with the Technology package. If someone out here has a video or photos of their install I would really appreciate if you shared.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts