Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Murano has 26000 miles. When I am at a stop and accelerate I get an intermittent slight clanging noise. Similar to two metal plates banging. Not very loud but I can hear it. I also get the sound when braking or decelerating. The noise is on the front drivers side only. Noise happens more frequently when accelerating from a stop. Will take to dealer but was wondering if anyone has had same experience. Would appreciate guidance as to the cause of the noise.

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
This is wild guess territory, but it might be a bad motor mount causing two metal objects to touch under acceleration or braking. That would be an unusual situation, but there aren't many things that will allow enough movement of the engine and exhaust system to allow metal sounds.

It's certainly worth checking out. I would also recommend driving with the windows open and a passenger listening carefully in an attempt to locate the sound as well as possible before you take it in. More info for the shop will help them.

If you're out of warranty, this isn't necessarily something that requires a dealer, but there is a chance that the dealer's service folks might know more about any bad habits that the 2015 has.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts