Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 SL murano . Recently drove from St.Louis to Miami and back. The Nav was fine until we got to Florida. It then routed us to take i-10 to I-95. This would have been a longer route in miles and time. On the return trip it did the same. The best route would be the Florida Turnpike toll road.
I had unchecked the MINIMIZE TOLLS in the settings, so that is not the issue.
Also, updating is not the issue either because these routes are many years old.
The effect of this trip is to not trust the nav to route correctly, making the system an expensive POS.

·
Super Moderator
8,291 Posts
How much difference was there? And is it possible there was a traffic problem it was routing you around? (I don't know whether the 2015 nav interacts with traffic info or not...)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2015 SL murano . Recently drove from St.Louis to Miami and back. The Nav was fine until we got to Florida. It then routed us to take i-10 to I-95. This would have been a longer route in miles and time. On the return trip it did the same. The best route would be the Florida Turnpike toll road.
I had unchecked the MINIMIZE TOLLS in the settings, so that is not the issue.
Also, updating is not the issue either because these routes are many years old.
The effect of this trip is to not trust the nav to route correctly, making the system an expensive POS.
I have experienced the same sort of routing (200+ miles out of the way) with my 2015 Murano Bose system. After 2 years of working with the dealership and Nissan (head unit replacement, NAV update, and MAP update) Nissan told me today (6/28/2017) .....They recognize the problem but there is nothing they are willing to do about it. Bottom Line... check your map offline. The Murano GPS is not to be trusted IMHO. Just one thought on the idea.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts