Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

I've noticed a few older post asking if this was a feasible process.

I bought a 2015 Platinum AWD w/ 33k miles that had some front-end damage and needed new parts anyways so I figured I may as well give it a shot.

My Model had the HID headlights so the headlights had the same plug, I just needed to repin the turn signal into the headlight since on the new car everything is handled by 1 harness whereas on these they have a separate turn signal bulb.

All features work. No trouble codes and car looks great!

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Light Vehicle
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Green Finger Thumb Nail Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Hey All

I've noticed a few older post asking if this was a feasible process.

I bought a 2015 Platinum AWD w/ 33k miles that had some front-end damage and needed new parts anyways so I figured I may as well give it a shot.

My Model had the HID headlights so the headlights had the same plug, I just needed to repin the turn signal into the headlight since on the new car everything is handled by 1 harness whereas on these they have a separate turn signal bulb.

All features work. No trouble codes and car looks great!

View attachment 54493 View attachment 54494 View attachment 54495 View attachment 54496 View attachment 54497
You probably meant to say LED headlights, I don't think the 3rd gen Muranos came with an option for HIDs... LEDs superior anyway... It's good to know the harness is the same as the model year 19 re-styled LEDs headlights.

Great job! How much did it cost?

·
Super Moderator
1,501 Posts
How did you deal with the radar receiver opening?

Have a good day?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Good point regarding the radar sensor opening/placement. I believe it will also require a radar sensor alignment/calibration...

Have you had that done by Nissan service yet? If so, what did they charge?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point regarding the radar sensor opening/placement. I believe it will also require a radar sensor alignment/calibration...

Have you had that done by Nissan service yet? If so, what did they charge?
no need to recalibrate since your moving the sensor over. As long as the car was off. Bought it to the local dealer and they said it works fine and lines up 100%. So theres that.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
no need to recalibrate since your moving the sensor over. As long as the car was off. Bought it to the local dealer and they said it works fine and lines up 100%. So theres that.
That's good to know, thanks!

Did they mention what they would have charged if they had to recalibrate it?

Also, did you keep it in the same open to the elements passenger side location, or did you move it to the center position of the bumper where it's protected behind the lower plastic shield? I can't tell from your photos the way they were posted...

Reactions: PaulDay

·
Super Moderator
1,501 Posts
So you moved your existing radar sensor and bracket from its location on the passenger's side to it's new location? To the center of the car? Or did you use the radar sensor and bracket from the wrecked car?

Was there existing holes at the center location or did you take measurements from the wrecked car and placed it in the same position? Did you have to drill any holes to hold the radar sensor bracket? Was there an issue with using the wiring when moving the sensor? Did you just maintain the height and angle of the sensor when moving?

The reason I'm asking all the questions is that I'd like to move the radar sensor to that location to prevent the "Collision Warning Not Working" errors while driving in snow from accumulation of snow on the radar sensor.

If it can be moved, the front lower grill with the wacky radar sensor opening can also be replaced with the lower grill from the "S" model, which doesn't have the radar sensor opening, for a much cleaner front look.

Thanks for any feedback.

Have a good day.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's good to know, thanks!

Did they mention what they would have charged if they had to recalibrate it?

Also, did you keep it in the same open to the elements passenger side location, or did you move it to the center position of the bumper where it's protected behind the lower plastic shield? I can't tell from your photos the way they were posted...
Center. I had to order a new lower bumper trim that has a cut out that allowed it to "see"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you moved your existing radar sensor and bracket from its location on the passenger's side to it's new location? To the center of the car? Or did you use the radar sensor and bracket from the wrecked car?

Was there existing holes at the center location or did you take measurements from the wrecked car and placed it in the same position? Did you have to drill any holes to hold the radar sensor bracket? Was there an issue with using the wiring when moving the sensor? Did you just maintain the height and angle of the sensor when moving?

The reason I'm asking all the questions is that I'd like to move the radar sensor to that location to prevent the "Collision Warning Not Working" errors while driving in snow from accumulation of snow on the radar sensor.

If it can be moved, the front lower grill with the wacky radar sensor opening can also be replaced with the lower grill from the "S" model, which doesn't have the radar sensor opening, for a much cleaner front look.

Thanks for any feedback.

Have a good day.
I moved it but had to extend the harness. And I put in a 2020 crash bar so everything was preexisting. I can see why you'd want to make that move. I know on my rogue they make it behind the emblem and it can penetrate the emblem so it should work with the new lower grill. hope that answers your Q.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts