Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anyone have a 2015- 2018 Nissan Murano platinum with a broken Forward collision sensor that has disabled cruise control on the car? Nissan recently issued a bulletin on Feb 4,2022 admitting that these sensors were faulty, but conveniently not issuing a recall and refusing to fix any vehicle thats not under warranty. So, given that its already 2022, basically all 2017 and before are already out of warranty and 2018s will be if you haven't seen the issue yet and will see it next year or later.

Is there already a petition to fix this with Nissan?

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
169 Posts
I've got an '18 and had the sensor replaced under warranty in 2020(?) but it may be acting up again. This is under discussion in another thread. I have an extended warranty till 2025 so I feel better about things.

There are folks who don't like extended warranties, but I have bought maybe 8 of them and am way ahead. It's certainly a gamble but with all the complex etronics and the CVT in the Murano, I wanted to be covered...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Anyone have a 2015- 2018 Nissan Murano platinum with a broken Forward collision sensor that has disabled cruise control on the car? Nissan recently issued a bulletin on Feb 4,2022 admitting that these sensors were faulty, but conveniently not issuing a recall and refusing to fix any vehicle thats not under warranty. So, given that its already 2022, basically all 2017 and before are already out of warranty and 2018s will be if you haven't seen the issue yet and will see it next year or later.

Is there already a petition to fix this with Nissan?
I am having a similar problem with my 2015 Nissan Murano. Few months ago, I started noticing the problem with it. I took it to the dealer and told me that the ICC sensor needs to be replace with the cost between $1,500 - $1,600. Is that correct?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am having a similar problem with my 2015 Nissan Murano. Few months ago, I started noticing the problem with it. I took it to the dealer and told me that the ICC sensor needs to be replace with the cost between $1,500 - $1,600. Is that correct?
Yes - I got quoted $200 to $300 Canadian. I filed a complaint against Transport Canada.

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
Are the symptoms identical? No cruise can be due to more than one cause.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To me (my car), it happens after driving for about 15-20 minutes; the forward collision warning comes on and it disables the cruise control. This happens even if I do not have the cruise control set. It does it while I am driving in the city as well as on the highway. At first (few months ago), it was happening sporadically but now it occurs all the time. The traffic or the weather does not seem to matter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To me (my car), it happens after driving for about 15-20 minutes; the forward collision warning comes on and it disables the cruise control. This happens even if I do not have the cruise control set. It does it while I am driving in the city as well as on the highway. At first (few months ago), it was happening sporadically but now it occurs all the time. The traffic or the weather does not seem to matter.
Exact same with me.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Just for S&G, I would try cleaning the radar sensor to see if it makes any difference... It's located below the passenger side bumper area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts