Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have their sat radio part crap out and stop getting reception? I started noticing a few months ago it took a few minutes after starting up to get the signal but it seemed totally random. Wed when I started driving it and it did it again but now its seems gone for good. Can’t even get the preview channel to do anything. I tried at least 5 refresh requests over the last 2 days as well as the radio reboot and nada. I even pulled the sim card this morning to see if that might do it but zip. All the other functions still work but Sirius. I’m not about to pay the dealer to troubleshoot it, any other ideas?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Assuming by your statement of not paying the dealer that it is out of warranty. Sirius will never admit to anything on their end, even their service "limitations" so you won't have any luck there. Once thought I was having an issue with Traffic but turns out after multiple calls and complaints that the area I was in wasn't serviced by Sirius Traffic. You might try a aftermarket shop for a cheaper diagnosis.

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
Check the Sirius antenna. It's the shark fin antenna at the rear of the car. You have to pull down the inner liner at the rear door to check for cable integrity.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would suggest checking the antenna like PaulDay stated...sounds like that may be where your issue is if your service was working and then suddenly stopped in the same area you’ve always used it. Only time I had an issue like that was with an aftermarket headunit and the antenna had managed to disconnect causing no signal issues leading up to it completely disconnecting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found how to get into the main diagnostic menu and from what I could tell it said no faults when i had it run the tests but the sat signal strength was zilch. Oh well back to fm radio & usb stick...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I found how to get into the main diagnostic menu and from what I could tell it said no faults when i had it run the tests but the sat signal strength was zilch. Oh well back to fm radio & usb stick...
Did you actually check the antenna and make sure there isn’t an issue with the cable connection leading to the antenna? Physically eliminate that as a potential problem. And just to make sure there isn’t a service issue within your area check with anyone else you know in your area that had SiriusXM (don’t have to be Nissan owners) to see if they suddenly have a complete loss of signal. If not then you’ll know it’s not likely a SiriusXM issue but a problem specifically to your equipment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you get into the main diagnostic menu? I’m having issues with mine and dealer is saying they can’t fix it and $3000 to replace.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine did the same thing. No longer works and shows only 1 signal bar or none at all. I just stopped using it and cancelled my subscription since I don't want to put money into it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My xm quit also .. it was the antenna.. but it was all done under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone else have their sat radio part crap out and stop getting reception? I started noticing a few months ago it took a few minutes after starting up to get the signal but it seemed totally random. Wed when I started driving it and it did it again but now its seems gone for good. Can’t even get the preview channel to do anything. I tried at least 5 refresh requests over the last 2 days as well as the radio reboot and nada. I even pulled the sim card this morning to see if that might do it but zip. All the other functions still work but Sirius. I’m not about to pay the dealer to troubleshoot it, any other ideas?
I am having the same problem. Happened within the last few weeks. Very spotty service in areas ( cutting in and out or displaying no signal) that were previously ok. Had XM resend the signal several times. I also get the ( no signal display upon starting the car) followed by not being able to change from the preview channel #1 for about a minute. Not sure if these are related. Trying to avoid the expensive Nissan diagnostic fee in case this can be taken care of another way. Share your thoughts please!

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
You are all suffering from a loose/bad antenna connection. This has cropped up before with other car models. The connector is actually upside, so it's wouldn't be surprising to see this issue after a few years.

Open the rear hatch. Pull the rubber door gasket away from the body at the top. This holds the headliner in place at the rear. Once you've moved it out of the way, you can pull the headliner down in the center enough to slide your arm in and feel that the connection is set properly.

If you have to replace the antenna, you have to remove the two rear side upper pieces, then pull the clips that hold the headliner in the rear enough to gain access to the bottom of the antenna properly.

Hope this helps you all out.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you, Paul Day. I’m going to check with the dealer about this as I have an extended Security + Plus warranty on my Murano that says it covers OEM audio/ video/nav components. Let’s hope it qualifies as a “covered” repair. I’ll post what they say and do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same issue and the dealer put in a new head unit 3 times with no fix. Then they put a new one in and no issues, turns out the others were refurbished and no good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A little history about my problem I haven't driven my 2015 Murano SV much because of Covid and working from home so for about two year I have put about 500 miles on it and I have 75,000 on it. It has been about two months since I drove it and my wife drove it to a doctor's appointment and the XM radio wasn't working( No Signal ) and pretty much everything you said but everything else is work like AM, FM. I took it to the dealer and they troubleshot it down to the Antenna. They said $650 to replace but I have an extended warranty so it is only $100 (shouldn't have to pay a DAMN thing )but still they have to know this is an issue or they are ignoring the problem to get more money from everyone. They have to go into the headliner to replace it so that is a design flaw. Good luck and I hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts