Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have a 2018 Bose arriving soon. Found a (2018) 25915-9UE1B on ebay yesterday. I was wondering if anyone has done a Map update on a radio that was swapped in.. Since it uses the radio serial number for the updates, it should go smoothly ??? Has anyone purchased a map update since replacing radio part numbers from a newer car.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think that once you use Android Auto with Google Maps you won't find much value in the expensive Nissan map update...

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just thought one reason why you may possibly need to install a Nissan map update in the future. I think the map updates are sometimes bundled along with head unit updates, though I'm not positive... If the Android Auto in the head unit ever needs to be updated for some reason in the future, you'll want to know you can install it. But I don't think that should be a problem, the head unit serial number should be sufficient...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
you

you will also have an immediate update to the 2018 unit. I've not updated my NAV map since I swapped units. I imagine you would just have to make sure you order the correct update for the unit.
Do the 2018's update via wifi/bluetooth ?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Do the 2018's update via wifi/bluetooth ?
I don't think so. Starting with the 2019 model year, map and head unit updates can be performed by the owner via WiFi or USB.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thats what I thought. I was just confused by the post about "you will also have an immediate update to the 2018 unit ..""

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thats what I thought. I was just confused by the post about "you will also have an immediate update to the 2018 unit ..""
I think what they meant was the 2018 unit would already have an updated SD card in there, depending on which model unit; 25915-9UE1A, B, C or D you have. You should double check with the dealership to be certain. For me, I haven't done the swap yet, but might go a different path with a bypass or NAVTOOL config instead so i can use my android or apple phones to mirror, etc.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts