Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple weeks ago the rear power hatch stoped working. Took it to dealer and they needed to reprogram it and was working fine. Now this morning it stoped working again. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Don’t feel like going to dealer every two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,287 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a similar issue last year on my 15 murano.. it turned out to be one of the hatch struts malfunctioned. Dealer said the struts are electronic and had sensors in them. If one broke, the other won't opened as a safety precautioned. Not sure if this is true. They said they replaced the struts and all worked. the week after that, it stopped working again. Came back to the dealer and was told that something got caught by the hatch door (rubber mats) and that as a safety precaution it didn't let me open the hatch. I have not had any issue after. I guess they do know what they are talking about. BUT I'm still not convinced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2016 Murano: Just this month, had similar issue. Hatch door refused to open (w fob, interior or exterior buttons) within 10 minutes of loading a suitcase. Checked glove-box switch to be sure that wasn't problem. Halted manual override (explained in owner's manual) after a few attempts because I was afraid I'd break something.
Assumed it was a fuse, but couldn't figure out which controlled door (for future troubleshooting, I'll buy fuses that light when blown) I'll have to research this for future use, owner's manual doesn't go in depth enough.

Dealer said it coded, no fuse blown. Codes similar to when something gets caught in door, though nothing was caught or interfered with door. This code is also supposed to make the "check engine" indicator light (it did not).

Cleared door code and check engine light code - $50+tax & issue is warranted for one year, though I hope it never resurfaces! This could be a major inconvenience on a long road trip or with a load of 20 bags of mulch.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Had the same issue. In a pinch, you can reseat the 40-40-40 fuse in the engine bay fuse box (be careful not to drop it in the engine bay like I did). That'll get it going again but the problem is the actuator. It needs to be replaced. I had it reprogrammed but same issue resurfaced. This time, actuator is being replaced.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Nissan's power hatches have been a problem for a long time dating back to Gen 2 models. I had problems with my 2012 Gen 2 on 2 different occasions. It is definitely a weak link

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,287 Posts
And on the 2018, they added the Motion-Activated Sensor to the mix! :eek:

Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hopefully they can get issues like this sorted out in one or two model years. I really like the new features being included on some Muranos, but I don't like being an early adopter. They'll have all of the kinks out by 2019, I think.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hate to add to this but.. it happened again.. this is my 3rd time on this issue. First electronic struts, just 1 side was replaced - 5k miles or so, second, the dealer told me something got stuck - 15k miles or so, they did something and got it fixed. 24K miles - just this Friday, it won't open again. Dealer fixed it, something got recalibrated and its working again. In the process, I complained about the transmission not engaging right away from reverse to drive, and what do you know, there's an issue there as well... got it all fixed under warranty.

wasn't the whole idea of getting a brand new car is to get away from all of these headaches?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts