Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have a 2017.5 Murano Platinum Midnight Edition which lease is up soon. Trying to see if they made any driving changes to the current Murano (2019-2020). Did they make the front windows acoustic laminated, add more sound padding? Anyone that has any experience with comparing the models would be greatly appreciated. Just not sure what to do. I see they changed the leather and wood grain and added parking sensors and some other safety features, but I’m more interested in what you can’t just find on an average website. Trying to see if ride quality changed at all.
Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Honestly I would suggest going and actually test driving a 2020 to answer your questions. Only you experiencing it will give you the most accurate answer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Not many dealers have platinums currently in stock to see it. Only ones are a little distance from me and don’t want to drive an hr or more each way to do a test drive.
Looks like I’ll have to make that drive

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey everyone! I have a 2017.5 Murano Platinum Midnight Edition which lease is up soon. Trying to see if they made any driving changes to the current Murano (2019-2020). Did they make the front windows acoustic laminated, add more sound padding? Anyone that has any experience with comparing the models would be greatly appreciated. Just not sure what to do. I see they changed the leather and wood grain and added parking sensors and some other safety features, but I’m more interested in what you can’t just find on an average website. Trying to see if ride quality changed at all.
Thanks
I find 3rd Gen Murano to be very quiet and well insulated with sound deadening materials. Obviously, it's all subjective. I test drove a 19 and didn't notice any drivability differences between the CPO I purchased instead of leasing with the exception of the CVT which has pronounced fake shift points. I'd venture that the safety equipment along with the mild styling refresh is "what's new" but things to make a vehicle more quiet are often something that is done during a mid-cycle refresh. I was comparison shopping between Murano, Edge, and Grand Cherokee. Edge was noisy, didn't like the 4cyl turbo, and was a sea of black so I eliminated it instantly. Grand Cherokee was my second but I found the Murano more comfortable and smooth. If I were off roading, I'd go for the Jeep, but I don't so...

Beyond test driving it you might ask a sales person, a good one who knows their product, they would have been briefed on everything new in the mid-cycle refresh.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find 3rd Gen Murano to be very quiet and well insulated with sound deadening materials. Obviously, it's all subjective. I test drove a 19 and didn't notice any drivability differences between the CPO I purchased instead of leasing with the exception of the CVT which has pronounced fake shift points. I'd venture that the safety equipment along with the mild styling refresh is "what's new" but things to make a vehicle more quiet are often something that is done during a mid-cycle refresh. I was comparison shopping between Murano, Edge, and Grand Cherokee. Edge was noisy, didn't like the 4cyl turbo, and was a sea of black so I eliminated it instantly. Grand Cherokee was my second but I found the Murano more comfortable and smooth. If I were off roading, I'd go for the Jeep, but I don't so...

Beyond test driving it you might ask a sales person, a good one who knows their product, they would have been briefed on everything new in the mid-cycle refresh.
Thank you for your response and your views. The sad thing is I feel sales people don’t really know the vehicles. They know the basics and not all even know that. I have a local dealer which I just spoke to today who should be getting in a platinum next week. I’ll go test drive and let everyone know what I notice between the two. I know I’m the maxima when they did the refresh they made it more refined and quieter inside. Wasn’t sure if it translated over to the Murano.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thank you for your response and your views. The sad thing is I feel sales people don’t really know the vehicles. They know the basics and not all even know that. I have a local dealer which I just spoke to today who should be getting in a platinum next week. I’ll go test drive and let everyone know what I notice between the two. I know I’m the maxima when they did the refresh they made it more refined and quieter inside. Wasn’t sure if it translated over to the Murano.
You’ve summed up the difference between a good salesperson and a mediocre one. Unfortunately a good one is hard to find so I understand your frustration. I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts between the years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks
  • th
  • Hey everyone! I have a 2017.5 Murano Platinum Midnight Edition which lease is up soon. Trying to see if they made any driving changes to the current Murano (2019-2020). Did they make the front windows acoustic laminated, add more sound padding? Anyone that has any experience with comparing the models would be greatly appreciated. Just not sure what to do. I see they changed the leather and wood grain and added parking sensors and some other safety features, but I’m more interested in what you can’t just find on an average website. Trying to see if ride quality changed at all.
    Thanks

• Hey everyone! I have a 2017.5 Murano Platinum Midnight Edition which lease is up soon. Trying to see if they made any driving changes to the current Murano (2019-2020). Did they make the front windows acoustic laminated, add moreently sound padding? Anyone that has any experience with comparing the models would be greatly appreciated. Just not sure what to do. I see they changed the leather and wood grain and added parking sensors and some other safety features, but I’m more interested in what you can’t just find on an average website. Trying to see if ride quality changed at all.
    Thanks
    I have rec
  • Hey everyone! I have a 2017.5 Murano Platinum Midnight Edition which lease is up soon. Trying to see if they made any driving changes to the current Murano (2019-2020). Did they make the front windows acoustic laminated, add more sound padding? Anyone that has any experience with comparing the models would be greatly appreciated. Just not sure what to do. I see they changed the leather and wood grain and added parking sensors and some other safety features, but I’m more interested in what you can’t just find on an average website. Trying to see if ride quality changed at all.
    Thanks
    I have recently gone from a 2017.5 Platinum to a 2019 SL and I am pleasantly surprised with how it rides. Keep in mind that here in Canada the models have different equipment than the USA. Saying that the 2017.5 and the 2019 both have 20" wheels here in fact the tires on both were bridgestone. The 2019 has a smoother ride, but even more noticeable is how much quieter it is. I also find the CVT is better ie: it doesn't do as much funky stuff, but then the 2017 had an even more noticeable difference CVT wise than my 2015 SL

Other the headlight and taillight changes not much is different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts