Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to do a simple radio swap? I know where a 2017.5 is at (junk yard) and would buy the radio to put in 2016 if it is an easy task. I want the Carplay and newer maps, but I am unsure if this is possible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been reading more about the Maxima swaps and am almost 100% positive this is going to work. The radios they are using appear to be the same as ours with different dash trim, so if they can swap, we can too! I'll update you guys this evening once the radio arrives and I get it installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Serpentor, thanks for the information. But I got a question. How did you know you found a 2017.5 head unit? Did you do a search on the VIN number? Or was there another way to tell the radio is from a 2017.5? Thank in advance!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Two quick questions.

Is yours a stock radio or Bose setup?

Did either your radio or the replacement radio have navigation? EDIT Sorry I forgot that you mentioned that you wanted updated maps, me bad ;)

Answers will help others make the decision.

Thanks and have a great day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Serpentor, thanks for the information. But I got a question. How did you know you found a 2017.5 head unit? Did you do a search on the VIN number? Or was there another way to tell the radio is from a 2017.5? Thank in advance!

The seller (auto recycler) stated it came out of a 2017.5. I trusted him based on reputation. Others may want to check the VIN of the donor vehicle first.

Is yours a stock radio or Bose setup?

Did either your radio or the replacement radio have navigation? EDIT Sorry I forgot that you mentioned that you wanted updated maps, me bad ;)

Answers will help others make the decision.

Thanks and have a great day.

Mine is the non-Bose system. I see no reason for the swap to not work for the Bose guys, though. Just make sure the 2017.5 radio that you get comes from a car with the Bose system.

·
Registered
40 Posts
anyone looking for a Murano SV 2017.5 radio can pm me. i am pulling mine out in a week or so for a custom install. car currently has 18 miles on it... :) just picked it up the other day..

1 - 20 of 62 Posts