Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone knows that is the correct model for a 2015 SL Bose upgrade to Android Auto?

Reading through the Maxima upgrade threads must stick to Bose replacement. I cannot find specific 2017.5 headunit model information.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can confirm that model number does have CarPlay. Just installed that same model in my Murano.
I found this same part time and want to swap the unit out in my 2015 Platinum. Did you have to have the radio unlocked or flashed or anything like that or was it literally plug and play?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi:

Is there a place where I can buy a used 25915-9UE1A nav unit? I understand this is the bose model with Android Auto. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can verify this works i installed 25915-9UE1A model into my 2015 platinum, takes about 30-45 minutes if you google radio install for our murano's you will find kit installs which tell you what you need to take off, i would say just be patient when your pulling the dash apart as stuff feels like it may brake but it comes out i also suggest plastic pry tools for interiors they were a huge help, once swapped i had both android auto and carplay I got one off ebay for 150$ you can get them thru the online junk yard websites but they run 6-800$ my best advice is keep your eye on ebay and look for that exact model number i believe there is now a 25915-9UE1b updated model as well thats out of the 18's, i will say having carplay in the factory radio is very nice.

·
Registered
853 Posts
CarPlay is very nice, but it’s buggy no matter what car it’s in.

Right now the CarPlay bug of the week is Pandora not starting unless I unlock my phone’s home screen. It’s always something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can verify this works i installed 25915-9UE1A model into my 2015 platinum, takes about 30-45 minutes if you google radio install for our murano's you will find kit installs which tell you what you need to take off, i would say just be patient when your pulling the dash apart as stuff feels like it may brake but it comes out i also suggest plastic pry tools for interiors they were a huge help, once swapped i had both android auto and carplay I got one off ebay for 150$ you can get them thru the online junk yard websites but they run 6-800$ my best advice is keep your eye on ebay and look for that exact model number i believe there is now a 25915-9UE1b updated model as well thats out of the 18's, i will say having carplay in the factory radio is very nice.
What terms did you used on the search?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a success! Everything works as expected, including feeding song info to the speedometer cluster.

Awesome! Did you have to replace the USB plug as well or just the headunit? Can you share where you purchased the headunit? I'm about to get a 2017 Murano from my company as a work vehicle and I want to add Car Play to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking about getting a 25915-9UE1A model and putting it in my 2017.5 Murano so I have have Android Auto. I've been reading about problems with Android Auto in Muranos so I want to make sure I can update the radio firmware. I’m not sure if the dealership would update the new radio firmware since the radio would be from a 2018 and the car is a 2017.5 Does the map update SDCARD you can buy on the website also update the radio firmware? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone knows if 25915-9UE3C is compatible with Murano SL 2015? I have found it online off Murano SL 2018, i would like to upgrade to get Android Auto

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Folks

A couple of questions.
  1. Is the 2017.5 nav & Bose model # 25915-9UC4A ?
  2. Has anyone had any freezing issues with the above unit ?
I ask this as -for my 2016, I’m on my 2nd factory head unit due to freezing issues and they are persisting with the replacement unit. I’m a couple of months into my 1 year warranty on the 2nd unit. I’m considering,with fingers crossed , that I will suggest my 2016 freezing unit be replaced with the 2017.5 unit. This assumes the 2017.5 is freeze free. I know I’m dreaming that the dealer will do this but I’m quite frustrated with this so I’m hopeful.

Sorry for the large font. I’m not good with an iPad.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts