Nissan Murano Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have steps they followed to remove the old unit? I've been searching for videos etc and not having much luck. Just don't want to hurt the Murano in the process:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can report I successfully upgraded my 2016 Murano SL (with Bose sound) with a unit taken from a 2018 - finally I have CarPlay and Android Auto.

The original Radio was 25915-9UA1A and the unit I purchased from online salvage was 25915-9UE1C (I got it from LKQonline if you're interested - much cheaper than what I could find on eBay and a lot more confidence that I was getting what I needed/wanted).

Simple swap overall with nothing too difficult - took me 30 minutes and I'm no pro automotive installer. Hardest part was pulling out trim, worrying the plastic would break. For reference before and during installation, I printed out the carid.com pdf in the previous post. I also watched a video posted on YouTube about installing a NavTool in a 2016 Murano several times
(around minute 4 is when he starts dismatling things).

Tools Used:
  • cheap trim removal tool set I got from harbor freight (6 bucks)
  • Philips head screwdriver (suggest magnetized since some screws are in deep areas. Without the magnetism you may drop screws into the car and have to fish them out IF you can find where they landed)
  • Flashlight (to help me see into some darker areas - and to locate the screw I dropped before switching to the magnetized screwdriver)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can report I successfully upgraded my 2016 Murano SL (with Bose sound) with a unit taken from a 2018 - finally I have CarPlay and Android Auto.

The original Radio was 25915-9UA1A and the unit I purchased from online salvage was 25915-9UE1C (I got it from LKQonline if you're interested - much cheaper than what I could find on eBay and a lot more confidence that I was getting what I needed/wanted).

Simple swap overall with nothing too difficult - took me 30 minutes and I'm no pro automotive installer. Hardest part was pulling out trim, worrying the plastic would break. For reference before and during installation, I printed out the carid.com pdf in the previous post. I also watched a video posted on YouTube about installing a NavTool in a 2016 Murano several times
(around minute 4 is when he starts dismatling things).

Tools Used:
  • cheap trim removal tool set I got from harbor freight (6 bucks)
  • Philips head screwdriver (suggest magnetized since some screws are in deep areas. Without the magnetism you may drop screws into the car and have to fish them out IF you can find where they landed)
  • Flashlight (to help me see into some darker areas - and to locate the screw I dropped before switching to the magnetized screwdriver)

Do you know if any of the below will work as well? I'm looking to buy a 2016 Plat and was hoping to do the same swap you did for AA and ACP
From the part number you provided, its from date range: 05/2018-10/2018

I found on LKQ they have a 25915-9UC1A but im worried this is an earlier version that wouldnt have AA and ACP. (date range 092016-04/2017)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you know if any of the below will work as well? I'm looking to buy a 2016 Plat and was hoping to do the same swap you did for AA and ACP

I found on LKQ they have a 25915-9UC1A but im worried this is an earlier version that wouldnt have AA and ACP. (date range 092016-04/2017)
View attachment 51187
Pretty sure any models released before 2018 do NOT have Android Auto and you'd need the later half of 2017 models for CarPlay.

·
Registered
7 Posts

View attachment 51187
Pretty sure any models released before 2018 do NOT have Android Auto and you'd need the later half of 2017 models for CarPlay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have steps they followed to remove the old unit? I've been searching for videos etc and not having much luck. Just don't want to hurt the Murano in the process:)
I called around and paid a local stereo place $85 to do the swap. I figured better to let them do it then risking breaking anything. FYI had luck selling old unit on ebay, just take pics before you swap. So basically the swap didn't cost me that much after selling my old unit

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called around and paid a local stereo place $85 to do the swap. I figured better to let them do it then risking breaking anything. FYI had luck selling old unit on ebay, just take pics before you swap. So basically the swap didn't cost me that much after selling my old unit
I was able to sell my old radio on ebay too. For only 20 less than I paid for the 2018 version. Even after ebay fees, the entire process turned out very cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For anyone interested, I ended up selling my Murano before I swapped out the radio. So I have this model:

25915 9UC1A

If anyone is interested, make me an offer. I paid $500 on eBay, not looking for that, but I will consider a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
$300 with a scratched screen. I swapped the screen from my 2016 over to the 2017.5. Everything works great.
How did you swap the screen? I got a replacement unit with scratches and would like to use my existing screen

I tried to open the unit but there is a silver strip(as shown in pic)
that is keeping both the things attached. How can i remove this strip?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I just went thru this. If you can wait, I'll publish pics showing how to deal with the video cable properly. If not done correctly, your video output will be non-existent or with a funky scrambled display. But until then, here's a quick walkthrough.

Basically, you have to remove the bottom of the radio first to gain proper access to that cable. You're trying to disconnect it the wrong way Even if you get it disconnected, you never get it back together that way. From the pic, it looks like you've already removed pressure off the cable by moving the release tab up.

With the radio out and the brackets off, lay the radio on it's face on a nice folded soft towel. Looking at the bottom side, remove the 5 screws. Remove the plate. You'll see that cable and have proper access to the connector.

Looking closely at the connector, you'll see a little brown edge (release tab) sticking straight out at you. Taking a small flat head screwdriver, gently pop the release tab up so that it is now laying up against the cable. Gently gripping the cable about an inch above the connector, tilt the part you're holding towards you keeping a slight pressure down. This will release two small indents on the edges of the cable from the connector and then you can pull it up and out towards you. When reassembling, the release tab needs to be up until the cable tabs are into place. Move the release tab back down to lock the cable in place.

Continue disassembly. WARNING: Two other cables you encounter need to be treated the same way, BUT the release tab will be pressed against the cable. Pop it away from the cable and treat the cable in the same manner as the video cable dealing with the two small indents during removal and reassembly. The release tab will end up pressed against the cable to lock it in place when finished.

Hope this helps you out.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just went thru this. If you can wait, I'll publish pics showing how to deal with the video cable properly. If not done correctly, your video output will be non-existent or with a funky scrambled display. But until then, here's a quick walkthrough.

Basically, you have to remove the bottom of the radio first to gain proper access to that cable. You're trying to disconnect it the wrong way Even if you get it disconnected, you never get it back together that way. From the pic, it looks like you've already removed pressure off the cable by moving the release tab up.

With the radio out and the brackets off, lay the radio on it's face on a nice folded soft towel. Looking at the bottom side, remove the 5 screws. Remove the plate. You'll see that cable and have proper access to the connector.

Looking closely at the connector, you'll see a little brown edge (release tab) sticking straight out at you. Taking a small flat head screwdriver, gently pop the release tab up so that it is now laying up against the cable. Gently gripping the cable about an inch above the connector, tilt the part you're holding towards you keeping a slight pressure down. This will release two small indents on the edges of the cable from the connector and then you can pull it up and out towards you. When reassembling, the release tab needs to be up until the cable tabs are into place. Move the release tab back down to lock the cable in place.

Continue disassembly. WARNING: Two other cables you encounter need to be treated the same way, BUT the release tab will be pressed against the cable. Pop it away from the cable and treat the cable in the same manner as the video cable dealing with the two small indents during removal and reassembly. The release tab will end up pressed against the cable to lock it in place when finished.

Hope this helps you out.

Have a good day.
Thanks PaulDay.... will try it today.

·
Registered
12 Posts

View attachment 51293

View attachment 51294

View attachment 51295

Hope this helps you out.

Have a good day.
Able to swap the screen. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Android auto is working but none of the cameras are coming up after the swap. I am using 25915 9UE1C in my 2015 murano... Any pointers are appreciated.

Also I tried putting in the old unit back and cameras are working fine.

·
Registered
896 Posts
It sound like the logic board (The board in between the CD drive assembly and the audio output board.) is having an issue. This board is the OS of the radio and unless you have access to an oscilloscope and know how to use it, the board is a lost cause.

Question? Was the replacement radio from a wrecked '18? From research, I found out that dropping the radio from 4' can cause the radio to fail. If the car was in a high speed frontal collision, then the radio was probably subjected to excessive G forces, same as dropping it on the floor.

I'm going thru the same thing. Radio I got came from a HSFC car, deep gouge in the screen (A little scratch, I was told.). Stuck menu button. Fixed. No audio! You can watch the volume bar go up and down all day, not a whisper from the speakers. Tried a CD, wouldn't eject. Had to take it apart to get the CD out.

Called the shipper and explained all the issues. Normally, they do not accept electrical returns. Put me on hold. Came back saying the radio shouldn't have gone out the door, car it came from was totally wrecked, engine tore off.

They are now sending me a replacement that came from a '18 that had been sideswiped and totaled.

I'll post when everything is straightened out.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased new Head Unit for my 2015 Murano Platinum. Picked up 25915-9UC4A for the Apple CP. The unit arrived but I noticed the numbers on the SD card don't match the Head Unit. Head Unit is 25915-9UC4A but the SD card is 25920-9UC2A. Don't these need to match? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Android auto is working but none of the cameras are coming up after the swap. I am using 25915 9UE1C in my 2015 murano... Any pointers are appreciated.

Also I tried putting in the old unit back and cameras are working fine.
Go into the secret menu (Radio off, hold Menu button while spinning the volume knob.) Go thru the camera settings and set the camera to AVM mode.

I've found that a radio disconnected for a long time looses the internal camera setting. The only way to rest it is thru the secret menu.

Have a good day.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts