Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Purchased new Head Unit for my 2015 Murano Platinum. Picked up 25915-9UC4A for the Apple CP. The unit arrived but I noticed the numbers on the SD card don't match the Head Unit. Head Unit is 25915-9UC4A but the SD card is 25920-9UC2A. Don't these need to match? Thanks for any input.
As long as all functions of the unit work correctly, it shouldn't be an issue.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go into the secret menu (Radio off, hold Menu button while spinning the volume knob.) Go thru the camera settings and set the camera to AVM mode.

I've found that a radio disconnected for a long time looses the internal camera setting. The only way to rest it is thru the secret menu.

Have a good day.
That worked.. Was able to get cameras working along with AA and other function.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This thread motivated me to try and update my 2015 Platinum with a new radio to gain CarPlay capability. I bought a 25915-9ue1c unit off eBay but after installation the screen stays black. I know the unit is getting power because the button lights are on and you can hear the The unit try to eject a cd if you press the button. I thought that maybe the screen was dead so I swapped the screen module with the one from my original radio. The screen still stays black after the screen exchange so I don’t think it’s a screen issue. Is there some sort of reset sequence I need to do with the new radio to get it to start up or do you guys think I just got a dead radio? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone, hoping for help. I decided to try to do this. I am doing better than I thought I would. I am plugging in the new one and I am not sure where the green plug in goes. I have a green plug and only left on the radio (which matches the original) is a grey and black. Thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you have luck? My carplay worked but my climate control didn’t work at all and I lost steering controls. Makes no sense

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everything seems to work except a part of the touchscreen (the right corner) doesnt work. The bad thing is that is where the settings is and I cannot get to setting.. oh and the unit is currently in french and I cannot change it without the settings.. lol Only me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Question for those that have traded this out. On the back of the radio, I know the brown plugin is only on the bose models, which I have. However it seems there is not a wire to plug into the brown jack? Is that correct, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Question for those that have traded this out. On the back of the radio, I know the brown plugin is only on the bose models, which I have. However it seems there is not a wire to plug into the brown jack? Is that correct, or am I missing something?
I don’t think there is a brown wire as I had the same problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Soooo the difference in the bose-model and the non-bose model is the brown jack.. However, the brown jack is not used.... Kind of reminds me when facilities used 2 sided tape to add a thermostat to my office, stuck it on the wall. No wiring at all. Didn't matter if I had it set on 60 or 160 lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Soooo the difference in the bose-model and the non-bose model is the brown jack.. However, the brown jack is not used.... Kind of reminds me when facilities used 2 sided tape to add a thermostat to my office, stuck it on the wall. No wiring at all. Didn't matter if I had it set on 60 or 160 lol
Lol. There has to be a purpose for it but we tore my car up and there was no brown wire. Let me know if your install worked. I lost climate control and steering wheel controls on mine and had to put old radio back. I want to give it another go based on success stories. These radio models and years are so confusing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol. There has to be a purpose for it but we tore my car up and there was no brown wire. Let me know if your install worked. I lost climate control and steering wheel controls on mine and had to put old radio back. I want to give it another go based on success stories. These radio models and years are so confusing

Ughhhh yes they are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just finished the install. I am VERY happy. I now have Carplay and did not lose anything in the process. Cameras, climate control, dash, and steering wheel controls all work. AND I still have all of my fingers!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just finished the install. I am VERY happy. I now have Carplay and did not lose anything in the process. Cameras, climate control, dash, and steering wheel controls all work. AND I still have all of my fingers!!
This is great news and congrats! I still need some help from this community based on my first install gone bad (returned the radio).

I have a 16 SV with Bose. In laymen’s terms, what radio do I have - and what radio do I need for a perfect swap with CarPlay? I didn’t get a pic of the back of the radio last time I had it out.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
896 Posts
This is great news and congrats! I still need some help from this community based on my first install gone bad (returned the radio).

I have a 16 SV with Bose. In laymen’s terms, what radio do I have - and what radio do I need for a perfect swap with CarPlay? I didn’t get a pic of the back of the radio last time I had it out.

Thanks in advance!
If all you're looking for is Apple Carplay, I might have a solution for you.

I bought a 2018 non-Bose radio unit and swapped out the radio logic board, (Which has the AP and Auto Android and Nav features.) which controls everything except for the audio output and SirisXM. All the radios have either a Amp board for non-Bose radios or a preamp board for Bose radios, only difference.

I put my logic board (With Apple Play and 2019 Nav maps.) back into the 2018 radio, which is now sitting on a shelf in the garage. I selling it for $150. It's very easy to swap out the logic board. I've already posted on taking apart and reassembling the radio the proper way.

If you're interested, let me know. Don't know where you live, otherwise I'd suggest meeting and doing the board swap for ya.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m in Philly burbs and also have the box at the bottom of my radio which requires a plug - whereas some radios for sale do not have this box attached. Interestingly enough, some radios with the illusive brown connector - supposedly indicating Bose- also do not have this box under the radio, but most do.

I just want to order the correct radio at this point that will get me CarPlay, and not stop my climate control or steering wheel audio controls. I’m still baffled how that happened- as the radio with CarPlay worked flawlessly otherwise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is certainly confusing as to what models fit and work plug and play and what ones don't. I don't know anything about a box at the bottom.. Wish I could help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Based on the radio list I found on this forum by year, it seems the radio I tried in my 2016 was a 2018 radio. It is likely the 2018 radio is not compatible with the 2016 and only the 2017.5 is plug and play for carplay. Just a theory. I sourced a 2017.5 and will give it another go because I’m determined to get CarPlay.

When I mentioned my radio has a box on bottom with a plug , I was referring to the attached pic. Some radios don’t have this

Attachments

81 - 100 of 103 Posts