Nissan Murano Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Based on the radio list I found on this forum by year, it seems the radio I tried in my 2016 was a 2018 radio. It is likely the 2018 radio is not compatible with the 2016 and only the 2017.5 is plug and play for carplay. Just a theory. I sourced a 2017.5 and will give it another go because I’m determined to get CarPlay.

When I mentioned my radio has a box on bottom with a plug , I was referring to the attached pic. Some radios don’t have this
I have that under my radio and I believe that that is not part of the radio itself. I believe that black module is part of the air bag system. If unplugged with the car battery connected, owners have complained of having the seatbelt warning light stay on and having to go to the dealer to have it reset.

My 2018 radio was sent without it, just the radio and frame. I believe it's in all Murano's.

Good luck. You should be able swap the logic board yourself now with the radio you've got coming to get Apple Play in your setup.

Have a good day.

Reactions: V6vigilante

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everybody, I am very excited by the promise of having ACP in my 16 platinum. AA would be a bonus. I am however completely confused by the model numbers and years months listed here. I understand 2017.5 have ACP but how do I know which ones are .5 and what model am I looking for? There are a few other model numbers listed here that appear to work and some have AA but again am not sure what I should be looking for that is confirmed to work. Can somebody assist me, I realize there may be several models that work with Bose system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know what the brown port on the bose models are used for?

I just did the carplay upgrade for a 2017 SL and I don’t remember seeing anything plugged into that port..nor could I find a plug for it

101 - 108 of 108 Posts