Nissan Murano Forum banner
101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Based on the radio list I found on this forum by year, it seems the radio I tried in my 2016 was a 2018 radio. It is likely the 2018 radio is not compatible with the 2016 and only the 2017.5 is plug and play for carplay. Just a theory. I sourced a 2017.5 and will give it another go because I’m determined to get CarPlay.

When I mentioned my radio has a box on bottom with a plug , I was referring to the attached pic. Some radios don’t have this
I have that under my radio and I believe that that is not part of the radio itself. I believe that black module is part of the air bag system. If unplugged with the car battery connected, owners have complained of having the seatbelt warning light stay on and having to go to the dealer to have it reset.

My 2018 radio was sent without it, just the radio and frame. I believe it's in all Murano's.

Good luck. You should be able swap the logic board yourself now with the radio you've got coming to get Apple Play in your setup.

Have a good day.

Reactions: V6vigilante

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everybody, I am very excited by the promise of having ACP in my 16 platinum. AA would be a bonus. I am however completely confused by the model numbers and years months listed here. I understand 2017.5 have ACP but how do I know which ones are .5 and what model am I looking for? There are a few other model numbers listed here that appear to work and some have AA but again am not sure what I should be looking for that is confirmed to work. Can somebody assist me, I realize there may be several models that work with Bose system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know what the brown port on the bose models are used for?

I just did the carplay upgrade for a 2017 SL and I don’t remember seeing anything plugged into that port..nor could I find a plug for it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a little confused. I've read through this entire thread and can't find an answer. Apologies if I missed it. I have a 2015 Platinum Murano. I found a 25915-9UC1A. Does anyone know if this is a Bose unit AND will give me CarPlay AND won't screw up other tech (cameras, climate etc.) ?? Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a 2017 Murano SL Bose (nav, 11 speakers), Beside taking off the radio to find the model no, is there a way to know. Also which model with Car play(android phone) will work on my Murano.

would this model be a good replacement 25915-9UE1A for Android.
Once done the swap will the old Nav sd card work with the replacement unit tia

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks to all the folks in here with all the guidance and tips on how to upgrade my radio to a newer model for Apple Carplay!!!
I have a 2016 Murano SL that didn't come with Apple CarPlay; missed it by half a year. The swap was very straight forward.

I noticed an issue while using CarPlay today. When I initiated a phone call today using Siri, my dash was stuck with the display showing "Speaking". Has anyone else experienced this? I had to turn the car on and off to get rid of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just went thru this. If you can wait, I'll publish pics showing how to deal with the video cable properly. If not done correctly, your video output will be non-existent or with a funky scrambled display. But until then, here's a quick walkthrough.

Basically, you have to remove the bottom of the radio first to gain proper access to that cable. You're trying to disconnect it the wrong way Even if you get it disconnected, you never get it back together that way. From the pic, it looks like you've already removed pressure off the cable by moving the release tab up.

View attachment 51293

View attachment 51294

With the radio out and the brackets off, lay the radio on it's face on a nice folded soft towel. Looking at the bottom side, remove the 5 screws. Remove the plate. You'll see that cable and have proper access to the connector.

View attachment 51295

Looking closely at the connector, you'll see a little brown edge (release tab) sticking straight out at you. Taking a small flat head screwdriver, gently pop the release tab up so that it is now laying up against the cable. Gently gripping the cable about an inch above the connector, tilt the part you're holding towards you keeping a slight pressure down. This will release two small indents on the edges of the cable from the connector and then you can pull it up and out towards you. When reassembling, the release tab needs to be up until the cable tabs are into place. Move the release tab back down to lock the cable in place.

Continue disassembly. WARNING: Two other cables you encounter need to be treated the same way, BUT the release tab will be pressed against the cable. Pop it away from the cable and treat the cable in the same manner as the video cable dealing with the two small indents during removal and reassembly. The release tab will end up pressed against the cable to lock it in place when finished.

Hope this helps you out.

Have a good day.
Random question and it may be dumb, but if I go by your directions, I would be removing the black surrounding (bezel) along with the screen correct? I got a 2018 radio in today, however, the surrounding was scratched as well as the screen having a long scratch. I would like to replace the screen and black surrounding with my current 2015. Willing to go through the process as long as I know what I'm doing (following directions) and does the job.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Random question and it may be dumb, but if I go by your directions, I would be removing the black surrounding (bezel) along with the screen correct? I got a 2018 radio in today, however, the surrounding was scratched as well as the screen having a long scratch. I would like to replace the screen and black surrounding with my current 2015. Willing to go through the process as long as I know what I'm doing (following directions) and does the job.
You are correct. I used my original bezel and screen for the same reasons.

Take your time. It's really just a bunch of screws.

Keep the screws together for each piece and you shouldn't have a problem. I do remember for the bracket for the screen to bezel, the screws into plastic need to be screwed and tightened first before the machine screws.
Another tip was not to fully tighten any screws of until all the screws for a piece are started.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are correct. I used my original bezel and screen for the same reasons.

Take your time. It's really just a bunch of screws.

Keep the screws together for each piece and you shouldn't have a problem. I do remember for the bracket for the screen to bezel, the screws into plastic need to be screwed and tightened first before the machine screws.
Another tip was not to fully tighten any screws of until all the screws for a piece are started.

Good luck.

Have a good day.
I, unfortunately, feel like I already messed this up. the black connector came off the silver cord as I was pulling it up. Followed your directions carefully and that first one just did it and now i can't get it back together.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
I, unfortunately, feel like I already messed this up. the black connector came off the silver cord as I was pulling it up. Followed your directions carefully and that first one just did it and now i can't get it back together.
Send a few pictures. I might be able to help you out.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Here are the pictures.
Remove the flat wire and snap the plastic retainer back into place while holding in the UP position and slightly bowing it outwards in the middle. Remember, that on that one, the retainer needs to be UP when inserting the wire. Down locks the wire into place. Insert the wire so that the notches on each side set into place in the plastic retainer.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remove the flat wire and snap the plastic retainer back into place while holding in the UP position and slightly bowing it outwards in the middle. Remember, that on that one, the retainer needs to be UP when inserting the wire. Down locks the wire into place. Insert the wire so that the notches on each side set into place in the plastic retainer.

Good luck.

Have a good day.
Appreciate it. I will work on that and let you know. How many cables after this one do I have to go through? Trying not to mess those up.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Appreciate it. I will work on that and let you know. How many cables after this one do I have to go through? Trying not to mess those up.
Two more. The clip pulls down on these two to release. Treat all cables the same, with the notches at the ends locking into place.

If the clip is broken and won't hold in place, try this.

Cut the ends off a round tooth pick, leaving it just long enough to so that it has to be wedged into the area where the clip, when down, would press into the wire. Use a hot glue gun to keep anything from vibrating loose and hold everything in place.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts