Nissan Murano Forum banner
141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The seller's description says it's for the Bose system and has Android Auto. As far as I know, the Around View Monitor works on any 3rd gen Murano stereo.
Here is the link to the thread ... Private Message me if you want the Radio I have . Was going to put it in my 2015 but bought a new 2020 Murano instead

·
Registered
10 Posts
you bought it??
did it work for you?
I made another post with my picture, unfortunately I didn't get the exact model number, I was too excited to check. The seller said that it was a 2017, 2018, or 2019 stereo with Bose and Android Auto. Worked out for me with no issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all I though I would share my experience with a head unit I purchased and confirm what works and what doesn't and what changed. It has been a struggle to figure out what radio would work that has CP and AA and with a help from another ebayer I was directed towards this model number.

I have 2016 Murano Platinum (Bose 360 camera)
I purchased 2018 Nissan Murano Navigation Display Screen CD Radio Receiver 25915 9UE3A on ebay and can confirm CP and AA both work.

What doesn't work is HD radio that is it that I have seen thus far.
What works: AA and CP both work w/o any other modification other than plugging it in. The screen is of better quality/resolution on 25915-9UE3A vs my 2016 HU. Also to my surprise the sound with the new HU is WAY better. Not sure the reason for it, the 2016 HU needed to have speed adjusted sound level turned on to give a, what I would say, reasonable sound but now it is considerably better w/o that turned on.

For what its worth the person that helped me with this radio also mentioned 25915-9UE3B that it would work similarly to the 3A unit and also without HD radio.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
I’ve been told I have to replace the USB port also. Can you please tell me which one you used or if it was necessary
Not necessary. As long as you've matched trim levels, it's Plug and play. In other words, if you have a Platinum, get the radio for the Platinum.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey y’all. Finally got a Murano ! A few months ago I got a 2015 Murano Platinum with Bose. I am having a lot of trouble locating the proper radio replacement to have Apple CarPlay. I don’t like being one of those people asking for help but can someone pleaseeee point me in the direction of the model unit I need to purchase and where ? I have looked on eBay, read all these threads and car parts.com. I just wind up confused lol. Please help, appreciate it !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey y’all. Finally got a Murano ! A few months ago I got a 2015 Murano Platinum with Bose. I am having a lot of trouble locating the proper radio replacement to have Apple CarPlay. I don’t like being one of those people asking for help but can someone pleaseeee point me in the direction of the model unit I need to purchase and where ? I have looked on eBay, read all these threads and car parts.com. I just wind up confused lol. Please help, appreciate it !
Well damn, this is what I came to ask as well. 2015 Murano platinum with bose and 360 camera. Lots of models of radios but not sure which one would be a direct fit replacement.

aside from taking out the radio and looking at the back i can't find any info on this either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well damn, this is what I came to ask as well. 2015 Murano platinum with bose and 360 camera. Lots of models of radios but not sure which one would be a direct fit replacement.

aside from taking out the radio and looking at the back i can't find any info on this either.
SAME!! Hopefully someone can help out. This shyt so confusing to me 😂😂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out my post here on getting CarPlay:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man, I found one on eBay that worked perfectly, and someone actually just posted he has one for sale.

I ended up getting 25915-9UE1B and it was a direct replacement, it had all the same connectors and was made 2017.5 in October like the one dudes selling. Took 10 minutes to install and everything works as it should. Cameras, carplay, waze etc. The only issue I am having is when I'm using WAZE and I click the microphone to enter an address it never works. I'm not sure if that's just a compatibility issue with waze and car play but it times out, then the music comes back and is SUPER LOUD because it thinks it's the radio speaking, I've had to unplug and replug the phone back into USB to get that to fix itself but if I use Apple Maps the Mic and Siri work just fine together, so I've been slowly converting over to that if it's a place I need to go while driving, if I am stopped and can type in the destination then I will still use Waze just because I think the traffic conditions are better as well as crap in the road, people pulled over and hidden cops etc. Apple Maps has some of that stuff but I don't think there is nearly the same amount of users to enter them in the app.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts

You can add CarPlay w/o the head unit swap, just a software update

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Ya'll... Long time reader, first time commentor...(sports joke) i have a 2018 murano SV with with the head unit that most of everyone is looking for but the only thing is that my head unit takes the SD card and right now it has the 16-17 maps.. I was wondering if i purchased a stock 2020 murano head unit that it might work... :unsure: I also wanted to get the unit so that i have a newer version of nissan connect.. I can sell my 18 head unit to someone here for cheap.. not really looking to make money on it i just want a new head unit haha. I am running 2 aftermarket amps with4 coax speakerson my doors, 2 new tweeters and 2 10' subs in the back. I would love to keep the radio stock after realizing that an android unit would remove my swc.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Nissan changed the head unit manufacturer from Clarion to Bosh for the '19 model year and up. Totally different plugs and locations.

Do a search on aftermarket head units here. Several have successfully changed theirs out from stock without losing any functions at all.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
😩😭 thank you for the heads up!! Luckily I didn't buy anything.. would've been disappointed 😅 I think I'll stay stock.. some android head units claim to keep the factory camera but I rather not go through the hassle..

141 - 159 of 159 Posts